SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

It's that time again (tons of pickups and some electrics shop clear out) New loaded Tele body

2»

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Maybe, the Blizzard trio.

With a rough idea of their DCR stats, I could devise a control circuit for my old Ibanez RS405.

The alternative would be to get the stock Super 6 pickups radically modified. (Does anyone supply rod magnets of the correct diameter to replace the original steel stud polepieces?)
    I'm afraid the Blizzards are gone. 

I've no idea what the radii of the super 6 poles are, but if they're 5mm then I have that covered.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    edited February 2019
    Hi, what is the output of the Frigid Tele? Looks like string not tape?
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Zoolooter said:
    Hi, what is the output of the Frigid Tele? Looks like string not tape?
    5.5k and indeed tape, but gone, I'm afraid.

But that's a model I continue to offer via my site.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    Alegree said:
    I'm afraid the Blizzards are gone. 
    No worries.

Alegree said:
    Ibanez RS405 ... stock Super 6 pickups
    I've no idea what the radii of the super 6 poles are but, if they're 5mm, then I have that covered.
    The radius of the Ibanez Super 6 polepieces is zero, zip, zilch. All six studs are flush with the plastic cover.

The diameter of the polepieces is 7mm (as distinct from the ¼" American design that they imitate!)

The length of the polepieces is 18mm. They protrude through the upper fibreboard plate approximately 1mm so as to be flush with the plastic covers.

It was my hope that the steel slugs could be replaced with rod magnets, then, the neck and middle coils rewound to approximately their original resistance and the bridge coil wound about twenty five percent hotter than standard.

If 7mm rod magnets are unobtainable, it is probably going to be easier for me to purchase new pickups. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.