Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shopping List for Guitars...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    If I had a more playful thread about what you'd get/see/do if money were no object and you had the means, I'd have a lot of fun having the place re-built but I'm not and this is not, this is a real world budget list thing/thread.
    but if that were so, I'd hire the people who hire the people who usually hire me and go shopping around for the people who maintain Downing Street because that's the end goal there..-
    Have a discrete fortress in Thornton Heath if money were no object if I could, for sentimental reasons out of my private fund to add to the estate if I ever could.
    But, as things stand... I don't want to get ripped off the little money I have for such things.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As it stands i only have 2 guitars on my 'wish list'. Actually my whole guitar equipment to buy list is quite modest. One i am currently looking at getting soon and the other in the next 12 months once i get to a fairly reasonable level of playing to warrant buying it.
    The one i am currently looking at getting is a Squier Affinity Jazzmaster. After trying a number of guitars out at a shop i picked up a Squier Bullet Mustang (posted a thread about it under 'Newbies NGD' but also loved the comfort and how the Jazzmaster looked as well so am looking to pick one of those up also.
    The longer term guitar, which to me is just pure awesomeness is the Squier Jim Root telecaster in white. It was one i tried while looking and i just loved everything about it. It felt so comfortable to me and i loved how simplistic it is. Couldn't justify spending over £400 on my first guitar so decided it's the one i will be getting once my playing improves.

The rest of my 'wish list' which hopefully will be able to pick as and when see any of them on offer at a good price is a Small Clone pedal, a cheap & cheerful delay pedal (something like the Tone City tape machine), a small pedal board (nano+ more than likely) and a power supply for those along with the Boss DS-1 i currently have.
    edited November 2017
    @Darkskythe ;;;;;
    My wishlist contains guitars worth more than my house wink 
    but this thread isn't for wishlists.

But go on... Squires aren't bad for early buys.
    But if we're looking to wait a while, save a while, get a good price on a used nice guitar maybe for the same price as a lesser build perhaps...

Each to their own...

I'd rather buy used anyway if it's a  really nice guitar than an alright new guitar for the same price.
    As shopping tips go.
    Try and play before you buy also.
    edited January 2018
    It's that time again, pre student finance itches...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263401975696
    $492.00

This old Harmony parlor guitar.

The only thing that's stopping me is the small size of the body... but for $492.00 (have to double check £ price and any VAT charges in getting this thing in from Japan).. but yeah. Could be a fun little acoustic.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    A Washburn Steve Stevens (my first proper guitar - shouldn't have sold it)
    A Yamaha Blues Saraceno (what I wanted when I bought the Washburn - couldn't afford it)
    A Nash Tele (Shouldn't have sold mine)
    A Nash Strat (For completeness)

Then we'll see.....I'm guessing there might be a Les Paul or two in my future...