SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED: Fender Custom Shop Relic Telecaster (with better pics)

What's Hot
MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
edited November 2017 in Guitars £

This guitar is an 2013 Fender Custom Shop '59 Esquire Relic with an Oil City Californian neck pickup installed making it a normal Tele. 

The body was already routed for a neck pickup, so it's 100% original, just with the added neck pickup that has a similar vibe to a Fender Twisted Tele Neck pickup and a new pickguard.

There is also a Mojo Tele wiring harness fitted so it's standard Tele switching now.

The original pickguard is included in the fancy custom shop case with all the bits and pieces intact. (*edit, i was confused with another Tele I had a wiring harness in, I don't have the original wiring)

It's very light and resonant (7 lbs on my scales) and sounds punchy and clear just like a Tele should. The body is Alder even though the grain looks a lot like Ash.

I don't get on with the body shape standing up (i prefer a strat or SG shape) so i'm moving it on

£1500 posted in UK

Possible trades for high end guitars, Suhr, PRS, Knaggs, etc - try me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bump for better pics!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    @Moltisanti

Do me a favour; put the shite pics back up and stop my gas.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dear Santa, for Christmas this year I would like........ THIIIIIIIISSS!!!!!!!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    You lost me at mid 60s oval C shape

Esquire should have a V neck.
  • How about a 2004 PRS Custom 24, birds, Cherry Sunburst?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    crunchman said:

Ahem- U.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• @guitarhippy any pics ?

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14289
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:

Ahem- U.

an original late 59 Esquire would be in that transition period from 50's to 60's so many had a C profile with a bit more meat on them than a 62 C profile (which became somewhat of the classic vintage neck profile to many) - the V was more akin to a 56/57 era - yet due to the hand built nature of those pre CBS days, many varied by error more than by design, so it certainly is not a case of one size fits all - After that chunky U profile from the 52 era, Fender consistently reduced the size until we got to that 62 profile - A bit of reduction each year so to speak - similar with Gibson so by the time we got to 60/61 the necks became slimmer

I bet this has a bit more meat on it than a regular 60's C profile

Furthermore Custom Shop have a poetic licence to use what profile they wish to - ie you can get a 60's Strat with that big 52 U profile of a Nocaster if you wish
  • pruddprudd Frets: 662
    PM sent @Moltisanti ;
  • Pictures PM'd
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    edited November 2017
    guitars4you said: Furthermore Custom Shop have a poetic licence to use what profile they wish to - ie you can get a 60's Strat with that big 52 U profile of a Nocaster if you wish
    Mark, please let me know if you ever get in a second hand CS Relic with rosewood board and 10/56 neck shape!

Good to see you on Sunday by the way, hope the show was good for you.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14289
    tFB Trader
    guitars4you said: Furthermore Custom Shop have a poetic licence to use what profile they wish to - ie you can get a 60's Strat with that big 52 U profile of a Nocaster if you wish
    Mark, please let me know if you ever get in a second hand CS Relic with rosewood board and 10/56 neck shape!

Good to see you on Sunday by the way, hope the show was good for you.
    will do - Tele I assume and not a Strat - although rare to get a r/wood board on a 10/56 neck profile - hope you had a good day - free bump @Moltisanti but sorry to hi-jack your ad
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    PM'd
  • all PMs replied to, still available.

• bump!

• Traded.