Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Elbow

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72350
    Whitecat said:
    Welp, Elbow have done the John Lewis Christmas ad this year. Shark = jumped. 
    You do realise that it wasn't Elbow who chose to do the Christmas ad, right? They'd already done that track and the agency behind the John Lewis ad chose the Elbow track. Elbow had nothing to do with it
    Other than recording it in the first place. I heard it today.

It's truly, shockingly shit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Elbow are just good, I hear people piss and moan all day long that music these days is just a catch phrase linked with drum beats, then they knock elbow for being boring. Honestly anything they play is worth listening to if only to try and learn how to write lyrics because in my opinion Guy is up there with the best of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited November 2017
    ICBM said:
    Whitecat said:
    Welp, Elbow have done the John Lewis Christmas ad this year. Shark = jumped. 
    You do realise that it wasn't Elbow who chose to do the Christmas ad, right? They'd already done that track and the agency behind the John Lewis ad chose the Elbow track. Elbow had nothing to do with it
    Other than recording it in the first place. I heard it today.

It's truly, shockingly shit.
    Sorry, couldn't agree less. Each to his own.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50 said:

I really like them. They seem to be pretty consistent and are a little bit different too.

Mirrorball is a personal favourite of mine.

Mirroball is a fine fine song - the vocal in isolation is a thing to behold. Not just the lyrics and melody but the phrasing. 

That said I have lost the will a bit with the last few albums. 
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Don’t really know much about ‘em if I’m honest but judging by how they’ve destroyed “Golden Slumbers” for the John Lewis advert, they won’t be my bag anyway.

Oh yeah and wasn’t the singer in Peter Kay’s Car Share?
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Dross