SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: WTB: 65 Amps Ventura Head

What's Hot
PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 98
edited August 2018 in Amps £
A bit of a feeler at this stage, but wondered if anyone has a 65 Amps Ventura amp head - and, if they might be inclined to let it go?

Comments based on experience of the amp also welcome

My main gigging amp is a 65 Amps Empire and, whilst not looking to replace that, I think the Ventura might make for a useful backup / alternative.

Thanks in advance . . .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dudududu Frets: 105
    You are going to love it, although it's about two thirds Vox and a third tweed - I'm not sure it could act as a backup for your Empire, which is Dan's take on the Marshall shound. I was looking to get the Ventura myself to scratch the Vox itch but I found a good deal on a Producer 84 that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Good luck with the search!
  • dudu said:
    You are going to love it, although it's about two thirds Vox and a third tweed - I'm not sure it could act as a backup for your Empire, which is Dan's take on the Marshall shound. I was looking to get the Ventura myself to scratch the Vox itch but I found a good deal on a Producer 84 that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Good luck with the search!
    Cheers, pal. Not too concerned about a tone-for-tone replacement, it just makes for a convenient sized / similar powered amp head with some voice / channel options which would drop-in and work with my 2-button footswitch for The Empire.

The Empire is an outstanding amp - took me a little while to dial it in, and I don't really use Ch 2 (probably a great match for single-coils), but I'm getting the best from the amp live right now and have no desire to replace it.
  • Bump ahead of the weekend ...
  • Still looking . . .
  • Does anyone around these parts actually own one of these amps?
  • Just thought I'd give this a bump for the year :)

One currently on e-bay, but USA voltage and don't fancy the mither of either a transformer or PT swap.

Anyone?

Ta . . .
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    I've had one, it's a nice little head. In fact most of the photos you'll find of the inside of the chassis online were taken by myself. More of a cross between vox/fender. Not so easy to find nowadays as 65 amps doesn't seem to have the momentum going for them anymore.

I've got a dirt cheap apollo for sale, which is probably one of the coolest bass amps ever made and no one even looks at it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I have an Empire

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I have an Empire
    Yes, I know the previous owner - great amp.

My main gigging amp is an Empire - I did think of yours as a spare, but would prefer something a touch different from the 65 stable.

• brooom said:
    I've had one, it's a nice little head. In fact most of the photos you'll find of the inside of the chassis online were taken by myself. More of a cross between vox/fender. Not so easy to find nowadays as 65 amps doesn't seem to have the momentum going for them anymore.

I've got a dirt cheap apollo for sale, which is probably one of the coolest bass amps ever made and no one even looks at it.
    @brooomI missed one late last year - possibly on Gumtree, based in Muswell Hill. Was that yours?

If you happen to see the new owner to yours and they're thinking of moving it on, let me know! :)
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited August 2018
    Nope I've sold mine long ago, over 6 years ago.