Power supplies for new board - GigRig or Strymon Zuma

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4174
    Looks like I'll be going GigRig as I just bought 3 Isolators from @simonk

Now all I need is a Generator, a Distributor and a TimeLord...

:-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ...and the Generator, Distributor and TimeLord have just been bought from @Brad

So, ladles and jellyspoons, it seems that I will be using a GigRig system after all.

Thanks for all the advice.

:-)

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I know this is a bit of a closed book for the op now but the gigrig system is excellent, flexible and super light.  Th trade off is that it is pricey.  My board was running off a PP2 and Pp digital before I made the switch to gigrig.  The voodoo labs solution worked great but the weight relief was significant when I switched and the one plug solution -whilst it sounds insignificant- was welcome, particularly during gigging.  I was thrifty/lucky when shopping 2nd hand for modules and was ultimately covered spendwise by the voodoo labs sales.  I’ve still got a PP2 solution on my smaller jnr board.
    pmg said:
    I know this is a bit of a closed book for the op now
    Not a closed book. Keep the comments coming! I want to hear that I've done the right thing.  :-)
    And, as @vasselmeyer says, above, I can get the 18v for the OCD out of an Isolator:

https://www.facebook.com/thegigrig.page/posts/879424578759707

Result!
    I’d say so yes.  Also my experience of customer service has been great with gigrig.  Plus a good resale value if you change your mind.   My bandmate changed from voodoolabs to strymon and had some sort of issue with it (sorry I can’t remember what exactly, I’ll ask him tomorrow). All the major brands have good solutions with pros and cons, you just need to decide what is best for you.  It’s not glamorous spending on power but it’s vital and when you get it right it makes things so much easier.  
    edited November 2017
    Philtre said:
    And, as @vasselmeyer says, above, I can get the 18v for the OCD out of an Isolator:

https://www.facebook.com/thegigrig.page/posts/879424578759707

Result!
    Yes you can but you’ll need more isolators.  I got a doubler cheap but otherwise I’d do that
    pmg said:
    Yes you can but you’ll need more isolators.  I got a doubler cheap but otherwise I’d do that
    I just bought three isolators. See above. :-)
  • Zuma is brill...nuff said!
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I really like the look of the Friedman Power Grid. Ten 9v 350ma outputs! Just need a couple of those Voodoo Labs splitters and I can power my silliest board yet!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    VJIves said:
    I really like the look of the Friedman Power Grid. Ten 9v 350ma outputs! Just need a couple of those Voodoo Labs splitters and I can power my silliest board yet!
    Still lower than the Gigrig... max output 5amp.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.