Klon clone mod?

What's Hot
baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
Any Klon clone builders out there? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
  • To echo @juansolo I would also check out Fredric FX's king of Klone, it's dual klone.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited November 2017
    Fuzz dogs does a Klone kit if you want to DIY.

On the cheap I just got an EHX Soul Food and it's great. Not compared it to a real deal klon but it's very transparent and sounds near enough the same as more expensive ones on youtube comparison videos. It really does just act like a "more" button for your amp.
  • I guess I should have phrased the guestion differently. Have any of you guys built a Klon kit and split the Gain pot into two separate controls? I just did this mod to my Klon Clone and the clean gain pot acts kind of funky and I was wondering if this was normal?

thanks
    keith
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    When I read your original post I just knew that was exactly what was in your mind.
     :) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Mr Klon himself does one without the gain side (which is the side very few people use).

People have experimented with separate controls, it's really easy to do. The fact no one does it will let you know how pants it is like that ;)

If you want to just boost stuff, there are better, more simple things out there. The blend is kinda what makes the Klon different (and the OD820 for that matter, which is a tube screamer with a blend).