Gordon Smith GS1000 - New upgraded model?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Very Nice.

I've owned a few GS's over the years, some good, some awful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    I really like the black-top element but the new Gordon Smith reallly frustrate me. They need to stray a little (just a tad more contemporary update) from  the “classic” GS design, they’re very sentimental to it wheras only about 4 people actually care. Most just want a cracking good value simple UK made Gibson alternative with a bit of personality I’m sure.

Brass nut belongs in the 70’s, as does their medeocre ceramic humbuckers.
    The double cut above has always had slightly weird proportions like the horns are the too-small arms of a T-Rex.

When the new outfit started I actually was excited and placed a deposit and an order directly with the factory last year, but comms was crap and only came through when I chased after the original delivery date was up, then all of a sudden it was going to be ready the following week - which was odd as I was supplying the pickup and they hadn’t asked me for it. I got scared by lack of attention to the order so I bottled it, and never 
    I agree with some of that
    The electronics and brass nut always put me off, but i like the body shapes.
    If they can just make some of them a little nicer to look at and/or fix the quality issues they're onto a winner.
    I think they're going in the right direction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16689
    Philly_Q said:
    impmann said:
    Philly_Q said:
     (everyone's copying Music Man these days)
    Shergold had exactly that method of adjustment in 1979. Plus double action truss rods...

;-)

I like it too...
    Well, you learn something new every day.  Thanks!  ;)
    Some 60’s teisco’s has spoke wheel adjustment on the heel... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom