What's the current thinking on good quality right-angled patch cables?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited November 2017
    Megii said:
    I made some cables with Hicon pancake jacks - was great, but if you have any kind of unit where the jacks need to sit close together, it's a problem, as the jacks are too wide to allow it. So unfortunately I had this issue when I got my new Boss MS-3, and just went back to cheapo molded coloured plastic jack leads. Which have worked completely fine ever since...
    I mainly use pancake jacks and have this issue with a few pedals (such as DD500). I just use these on the ends that need to go into the close together sockets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I must say @designacable your prices are very reasonable compared to the competition.
    Keep it up (not the prices).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Got 20 of the pancake jacks from @designacable and made 10 six-inch patch cables. Very nice. Connections solder quite easily. So pleased I ordered some more. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Another couple of points for all you DIY'ers; always ensure that you cut back the black semi-conductor that surrounds the centre core inside instrument cables, this will then expose the white foamy dielectric. If you dont and the conductor touches this it will create a very low resistance short and will suck all of the tone from your sound. They will still work but will be noticeably quieter and duller. Happy Soldering  : )
    Hi - I recommend you to anyone who asks now - great stuff, good prices 
    Red ones are better. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4926
    I've got some I made with HiCon pancakes and they seem OK.
    Of course, if you're using them on a pedalboard, they'll not beplugged/unplugged often.
  • Sassafras said:
    I must say @designacable your prices are very reasonable compared to the competition.
    Keep it up (not the prices).
    Yes, good service too. I've had a few ready-built cables from them and an whole bunch of components (to make my own mic cables). Good stuff!

On the subject of patch cables, I've always used Lava solder less with my G2 and I haven't had any problems with them at all. 

R.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    prowla said:
    I've got some I made with HiCon pancakes and they seem OK.
    Of course, if you're using them on a pedalboard, they'll not beplugged/unplugged often.
    You must be less fickle about your pedals than me! =)