Envelope filters- any recommendations?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6064
    I don't know the history of this auto wah pedal. Is it an MxR design or analogman's ?
    It's analogman's take on the original mxr envelope filter. He added an emphasis knob and a switch that allows for up and down sweep plus led, 9v etc.

The original mxr Envelope Filter is a fantastic pedal with a range of sounds available, unlike many that you just have to find the tipping point that matches your pickups. I don't know why they don't rerelease it. I've read that the mxr Bass envelope filter is based on it but I don't know how much truth there is to that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Well, this week's That Pedal Show is covering the subject of Auto-Wahs/Envelope Filters and just listening to it now. However, within the first few minutes, Dan references Edie Brickell's "What I want" and Stevie Wonder stuff and the Mutron pedal sounds so wonderful.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28289
    My two favourites are the Exar Multiwah (also sold as the Jacques Trinity) - does envelope, LFO and expression via a weird thing like a lilo pump) and the Subdecay Prometheus - I went though a lot of different ones to get to those.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I still say the Snow White is the best I've heard. Damn I'm starting to wish I never sold it ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6151
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:
    having watched tps I have a gas for an envelope filter. I imagine I won't be picking up an analogman one so any recommendations on more readily available ones?
    I have a Carl Martin one I can sell. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    rsvmark said:
    having watched tps I have a gas for an envelope filter. I imagine I won't be picking up an analogman one so any recommendations on more readily available ones?
    We're waiting for you to bring one out @ThorpyFX ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6151
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    rsvmark said:
    We're waiting for you to bring one out @ThorpyFX ;)
    All in good time.... lots on the docket 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    auto wah sucks
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

•  I always loved the sound Paul Weller got on The Jam's "Precious". Really deep and full filter. At the time I never knew what effect it was. It looks and sounds like he used his sunburst tele on the neck pickup played with his fingers. Anyone one what pedal he used live, Boss Auto Wah?

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Ro_S said:
    auto wah sucks
    I think you'll find it quacks
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom