Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sales of Guitar Starter Packs are seriously down

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Ive Just started learning, ok I'm not a teenager I'm 43, but the first thing I did was google starter guitars.

A friend of mine offered me an Ibanez gio for £70 so I bought that, then spent £49 on a fender frontman amp brand new and away to go.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I always told parents to avoid starter packs. Spend a little more and you get a much better product. It's not dying but the competition is better and sales patterns have changed dramatically.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452

On the other hand, I suspect Ukelele sales are much higher than they were 20 years ago.  Some of those will graduate onto guitars at some point.

My 9 and 6 year old daughters were somewhere with a jukebox the other day.  They played two Sheeran songs in succession.  Ok it's not the kind of guitar music most of us like, but I think some of the "guitar is dying" comments on here are a bit over the top.

I also wonder if people are using Feebay and Gumtree to buy cheap guitars to start out on, rather than some horrible pack.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom