SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Malekko Ekko 600 Bright (faulty)

JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
edited November 2017 in FX £
I have for sale, what was a very nice Malekko Ekko 600 Bright analog delay that is no longer working.

Initially, the switch became intermittent so I bought a decent replacement and had a local tech fit it. When I got it back from him it was working but the LED wasn't lighting when the pedal was engaged so I took it back.

He re-soldered and fixed the LED problem but after a short while the pedal stopped passing any signal at all when engaged.

I took it back to him but he couldn't fix it and recommended I take it to someone more knowledgable about pedals. Since I can't find an alternative tech (and i've just seen a similar ad) I thought i would offer to anybody here who might be able to fix it.

I think it cost me around £165 so I 'm asking £50 £45 (it's in the very funky 'Day The Earth Stood Still' Sci-fi graphic case).

Pics available.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hey, it does sound like the switch is still faulty, but I have a Malekko 616 V1 (the red one) that stopped working when I put 18vdc through it. This blew a voltage regulator that made it behave similarly to yours - no led and no sound when not bypassed. Does the bright have modulation? If so, does the modulation LED light up? If it does it is likely a switch issue still, but if it doesn't it is it possible it could have been tested at more than 9vdc? If the bright is anything like the V1 616 they are really sensitive pedals. I managed to fix mine by replacing the voltage regulator Q10 ( FDC634P) - it was pretty fiddly but someone with a rework station should be able to do it. Might help you get it working or help you shift it on. This thread was helpful: http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=12680 ;
  • JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

It's not the model with the modulation and, although there's now no sound when engaged, the LED works again (after my second visit to the tech).

I don't think it's ever been tested with more than 9v though.

I'll check out the link.

Cheers!
  • JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
    The thread at the link above suggests this is a simple enough repair for someone who knows what they're at but, unfortunately, I don't think I have the skill or patience to fix it so, if you do, £45 PPG and it's yours. 8)

• ragingben said:
    Hey, it does sound like the switch is still faulty, but I have a Malekko 616 V1 (the red one) that stopped working when I put 18vdc through it. This blew a voltage regulator that made it behave similarly to yours - no led and no sound when not bypassed. Does the bright have modulation? If so, does the modulation LED light up? If it does it is likely a switch issue still, but if it doesn't it is it possible it could have been tested at more than 9vdc? If the bright is anything like the V1 616 they are really sensitive pedals. I managed to fix mine by replacing the voltage regulator Q10 ( FDC634P) - it was pretty fiddly but someone with a rework station should be able to do it. Might help you get it working or help you shift it on. This thread was helpful: http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=12680 ;
    I literally did the EXACT same thing with mine, thanks for the info on fixing it, I'd given up!  Just a shame I know nothing bout electronics to fix it myself
  • I'll take it for £45, pm me your PayPal details