SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Reissue R9 Murphy Aged

What's Hot
anguzwnganguzwng Frets: 25
edited November 2017 in Guitars £

For sale is my 2010 R9 Historic Murphy Aged Les Paul in faded sunburst finish.Gorgeous 3D flame top as demonstrated by the pictures! This guitar looks and sounds amazing. I heard that Mr.Murphy chooses the better ones from the factory to do the relic job, I’m sure that this would be one of those best of the best guitars. 

I know everyone says this to their sales but this is really a special one. I compared it to CC45, CC28 and a few R9s, pickups on this one are slightly hotter than they used to be and the bottom end is really tight. Weights at an ideal 8 pounds on my bathroom scale. The frets are in great condition and the action is nice and low with no buzz. The guitar is bone stock and had a pro setup on it. 

A little story behind the guitar:

I got this guitar from a collector in Tokyo, Japan last summer. I posted this guitar on Reverb.com and interestingly people from google sent me PMs, they told me they have a guitar program at Google headquarters in California. And they would like to purchase this guitar in order to replace their Tom Murphy signed but unaged 2017 R9, which was made for them when Gibson came to Google a few months back. The little story might not be very interesting but yet it worths a mention aye? 

The R9 is now stored in my other house in Hong Kong, I will bring it back to the UK during christmas holidays. So I can only sell this after December 30. But if you’re interested you can send me a message, I can hold it for you or post it here earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

I am asking for around £5600 for this beauty. OBO. These Murphy aged LPs tends to increase their value over time. They costs around 7k-9k on Reverb so i thought that this would be quite a bargain.  I am located in Reading RG6. 

Includes OHSC, COA with Tom Murphy's name included, and all case candy. Feel free to message with any questions.

Thanks for looking!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8TaqeA

3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments