SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender 1972 Telecaster Thinline w/OHSC £2950

What's Hot
St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
Hi All,

I'll let the pictures do the talking with this one. A very clean original '72 thinline tele w/OHSC. Brought back from the US by a pal from Alaska of all places. As you can see, it's in incredible condition and has been fully checked over and set up by one of the best touring guitar techs in the biz. The Seth Lover pick ups in these are legendary, and for those who want to know the readings are as follows:

Front/neck - 10.36
Rear/Bridge- 10.24

Minimal intervention with this beauty. I believe the tone pot may have been replaced, and as you will see from the pics the pickguard has a small crack and two small chips, probably from where it has contracted over time - an age old issue. Could be easily replaced if that be your heart's desire. 

Looking for £2950. I've seen another '72 at Andy Baxter in similarly clean condition for £3.5k, so this seems a good price. At the moment not looking for trades, unless it is likely to blow my mind.

Lotsa love,

Nick

Pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/qbnI3

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    edited November 2017
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh Lord
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6103
    That's a beauty.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5795
    I know that possibly only a handul of people out of a thousand would be able to tell if I was to play this with my band or the Squier just a post away, for less than a tenth the cost. 

But if I had the money for this beautiful creature I’d hand it over to you in a heartbeat. Congratulations to whoever has the good sense to buy this from you.  <3
  • A bloody beauty !
  • dazzajl said:
    I know that possibly only a handul of people out of a thousand would be able to tell if I was to play this with my band or the Squier just a post away, for less than a tenth the cost. 

But if I had the money for this beautiful creature I’d hand it over to you in a heartbeat. Congratulations to whoever has the good sense to buy this from you.  <3
    Thanks Daz! 
  • I've just sold a '72 thinline which was in pretty damn good condition but this one is unreal.  And with the original case too.  Doesn't really get much better than this and these are amazing guitars too.  Given the condition the price is very good indeed verging on a bargain.

Very best of luck with the sale Nick!!!  :)
  • Thanks Guy! You are a true gent.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Amazing. If I hadn’t picked one up recently from @Wazmeister  I’d have this like a shot. Still tempted. No chance you want to trade for a Cunetto strat is there? 

Amazing guitars, great condition and superlatives do not exist to describe the sound of those pickups. GLWTS. 
  • @kjdowd  haven't you got my old one via Nick and Waz ? If that's the case I am pining for it and would love to get that bad boy back - let me know if you want to sell me that so you can go for this one !
  • This was never going to be around long...and it wasn't.
  • Well done St Hubb, gorgeous guitar that. Congrats to the new owner too....