PayPal Payment Incorrect address issue

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    spark240 said:
    boogieman said:
    ICBM said:
    Does this only happen if using Paypal Gift?
    I don't think so, I think you'd be in the same position with goods and services but I'm not entirely sure.

I had a similar but different situation recently. I'd bought a pedal off the classifieds here. Paid the guy by PayPal but he didn't see the payment. Turned out I'd put one character wrong in his PayPal address. Luckily it hadn't gone through to anyone else and I could cancel it and then correct it. I always think it's a bit weird that you don't see the name of the person who's getting the credit until the payment has gone through. Anti-fraud measure I guess? 
    I said exactly this!...but other said they COULD see the recipients name before pressing go?

Well that's odd. I've never seen the payee's name before the transaction has actually gone through.  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6085
    boogieman said:

Well that's odd. I've never seen the payee's name before the transaction has actually gone through.  :/
    It has happened to me on a couple of occasions, though I've no idea what causes it to happen. It's much more usual for the email address only to appear.

The simplest way to avoid errors by the purchaser is to copy/paste the address. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4557
    edited November 2017
    I always copy and paste their deets
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
     Can you send an invoice with Paypal?

If so that's the easiest way to avoid wrong addresses in the future.

@the OP. Hope all goes well with getting it back