Car guru? Engine management code - English translation please?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    edited November 2017
    First thing I would try is making sure the connector for the sensor is pushed home fully and making good contact. Might be worth pulling the connector apart and giving it a squirt of switch cleaner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited November 2017
    I would avoid driving it
    I would avoid drifting it, just to be on the safe side.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would avoid driving it
    You should be able to tell by listening to it if the engine is running rough, which it would if the fault was genuine. If it pulls as usual and sounds OK that would suggest to me the fault is not genuine, and may be worth risking driving the vehicle to where it can be checked over properly
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    edited November 2017
    I would avoid driving it
    You should be able to tell by listening to it if the engine is running rough, which it would if the fault was genuine. If it pulls as usual and sounds OK that would suggest to me the fault is not genuine, and may be worth risking driving the vehicle to where it can be checked over properly
    Agreed. If it genuinely was a slipped crankshaft or jumped cambelt it would either sound like a bag of spanners or would run really roughly, if at all. If it starts and runs ok, apart from the warning light, my money is on a failed sensor or the connection to the sensor itself. 
  • Agreed. If it actually starts and runs fine...which the OP is saying it does, it hasn't slipped a cog on the cam belt. Clear the code and see what/if it brings it back. If it's under warranty take it to the dealer.
  • Usually, if the crank sensor is dud, it won't register on the rev counter when you crank. So, crank, and if you have revs on the counter, you are ok. Clear code and see when it comes back.