PSA: String deals at Andertons

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
They are currently doing 4 for 3 on most strings - 4 sets of EB strings work out at just over £4 a pack. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7415
    £4.99 delivery on 4 packs of strings? Really?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Sorry - in store it’s a much better deal 
  • DefaultM said:
    £4.99 delivery on 4 packs of strings? Really?

I hate to defend the craptin but postage has to be around 3 quid, factor in staff time and all that jazz and 4.99 is pretty reasonable. He is running a business after all.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    edited November 2017
    Get my D'addarios on eBay for under £4 a pack. Free postage, too. EB's can be had for £5 a pack. Also free postage. The Captain's prices lose against fleabay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:
    Get my D'addarios on eBay for under £4 a pack. Free postage, too. EB's can be had for £5 a pack. Also free postage. The Captain's prices lose against fleabay.
    -Yeah, but The Captain 'ain't selling counterfeit strings. Ebay is absolutely chock a block with dodgy strings. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 6 sets of rotosound off eBay for 20 quid delivered
    Philtre said:
    -Yeah, but The Captain 'ain't selling counterfeit strings. Ebay is absolutely chock a block with dodgy strings. 
    Links, please.
  • I get 3 sets of d’addarIo delivered from sound affects on eBay for £14. That’s a shop exactly the same. 
  • Philtre said:
    Philtre said:
    Links, please.
    He is correct, there’s loads of fakes but only buy from reputable places and you’re golden. I got a load of fakes a wile back, diddario replaced them for free and shop down the seller. 
    6 sets of rotosound off eBay for 20 quid delivered
    I did try a set of roto reds last week but they went dull extremely quickly. 
  • rico said:
    rico said:
    Really? Mine seem to last me forever, I don't get sweaty fingers at all so maybe it's that 
    rico said:
    rico said:
    Really? Mine seem to last me forever, I don't get sweaty fingers at all so maybe it's that 
    They sound alright but played acoustically there is no ‘zing’. They do feel different to my usual brand though - I didn’t think I would notice. 
  • I have read reviews on rotosound and they get mixed reviews, most folks on here don't like them it seems! I've just ordered a couple of sets of the exl110s above to try. Tbh you could string my guitars with barbed wire and i would still sound.the same  :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have read reviews on rotosound and they get mixed reviews, most folks on here don't like them it seems! I've just ordered a couple of sets of the exl110s above to try. Tbh you could string my guitars with barbed wire and i would still sound.the same  :/
    You can get a good deal on ebay right here, then - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barbed-Wire-15M-30M-50M-x-1-7mm-Galvanised-Steel-Livestock-Field-Fence-Security/131211738719?epid=1956077870&hash=item1e8cd43e5f:m:mBfsq53A1TDgD3kb3anvUGw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom