Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best bang for buck pointy floydy thing?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    A Heartfield Talon (if you can find one). Made for Fender on the Ibanez production line in the early 90's. Basically an RG550 with an original Floyd and Di Marzio pickups. They go for peanuts and are great guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    edited November 2017
    Was someone not trying to sell a Charvel Kelly shaped guitar sometime back. No idea if it sold or not http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/84686/usa-charvel-star-price-drop-500#latest

Had a quick look and it’s not Kelly shape sorry 
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    What did you go for?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited November 2017
    I just traded for a Premium Ibanez RG870 that was for sale at £499.
    It's stunning and the build quality is insane for the money.
    Edge Zero II tremolo, same Wizard III 5 piece neck as a Jem, Dimarzio Pickups,... £500.

https://i.imgur.com/NXUtvBj.jpg?1

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2017
    Buy my 30-fret sparkly red Ibanez. £250 to you.

Has active circuitry already so probably an easy enough swap for EMGs. And it's very sparkly, and has all the frets one could ever need.

Probably requires a good sense of humour in order to want it, but it is a very good guitar. I just don't use it any more.

https://i.imgur.com/57FVLOv.jpg
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I got my Ibanez Xiphos from gumtree for less than £200 with the case. 
    Not many pointier ones out there, through neck dimarzios, locking  trem sounded great. 

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Elwood said:
    What did you go for?
    Nothing yet.  My OTT enthusiasm following a very good gig has relaxed into a more patient, philosophical musing which may or may not result in a purchase  ;)

The fact remains that I am a pudgy, balding, near-50-year-old with only a little more guitar-playing talent than a badger. Being able to play the opening of the Trooper or Slither is about as good as it gets for me... This can't be overlooked

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Bucket said:
    Buy my 30-fret sparkly red Ibanez. £250 to you.

Has active circuitry already so probably an easy enough swap for EMGs. And it's very sparkly, and has all the frets one could ever need.

Probably requires a good sense of humour in order to want it, but it is a very good guitar. I just don't use it any more.

30 frets? 30-FECKIN FRETS?!

That's 15 more than I've ever explored.  I'll bear it in mind, though, as I'm known to have a strong penchant for self-ridicule and this would be a perfect prop.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    McToot said:
    Elwood said:
    What did you go for?
    Nothing yet.  My OTT enthusiasm following a very good gig has relaxed into a more patient, philosophical musing which may or may not result in a purchase  ;)

The fact remains that I am a pudgy, balding, near-50-year-old with only a little more guitar-playing talent than a badger. Being able to play the opening of the Trooper or Slither is about as good as it gets for me... This can't be overlooked
    I did...
    It worked fine!
    :)