Pedals that work well with Blues jr?

What's Hot
OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
Looking for any recommendations for pedals that work well with Blues Jr combo & guitar is Epiphone Les Paul...

Want to try and get nice clear big chords, avoid fuzz...

I have used a Bad Monkey and a Soul Food together before and tried adding in a Marshall BluesBreaker II as well. I found the Marshall was too dirty. I played all of that through a Jet City.

Have to be honest I really liked the Soul Food, and I'm thinking about having one of those again, but I don't know what to pair it with if I need to push the tone to the next level for lead playing. Something that cuts through a "wall of sound" kind of mix with keys, bass, drums, multiple vocals, but doesn't overpower voices.

I had a Tubescreamer a while ago but when I sold off all of my gear previously I don't have it anymore, it was the Tone Lok range TS9 model with hot mode...

Also looking for a reverb that works well. Had Hall of Fame, tempted to get the same again - but I do also like the Fender's built in spring... hmmm. 
Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are you using the amp clean? If so, something with a drive and boost would effectively give you three channels. Eg Fulldrive, Box of Rock...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    edited November 2017
    Having seen someone using a Blues Junior and a Les Paul Studio with exactly that sort of band, and getting one of the best sounds I've ever heard from one (I would say almost the only good sound I've ever heard from one, but that might be unfair ), the answer is...

A Boss SD-1.

If you want to add a clearer light-breakup sound that can also be pushed with the 'lead' pedal, a BD-2 after the SD-1. If you want more of a hard rock crunch, a DS-1 after the SD-1.

Also, if your amp has not had the 240V conversion (from 230V) done, it's worthwhile because it not only improves reliability, it also makes the amp slightly clearer-sounding. Big clear chords are always going to be a struggle though - the amp just isn't voiced to do that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    The pedal on a pedal bin. Deposit the BJ and get a HRD. ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom