Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show Us Your Overdrive Pedals...

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    why scoff at people who are influenced by TPS ?  very knowledgable presenters who play well and really know their stuff....would you prefer people to be swayed to say your opinions over theirs?

Maybe stick a couple of demo vids up here of you playing some pedals you really rate over these "trendy" "expensive" ones, I would be interested as would many others.  be good to hear you play @Ro_S ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    mgaw said:
    why scoff at people who are influenced by TPS ?  very knowledgable presenters who play well and really know their stuff....would you prefer people to be swayed to say your opinions over theirs?

Maybe stick a couple of demo vids up here of you playing some pedals you really rate over these "trendy" "expensive" ones, I would be interested as would many others.  be good to hear you play @Ro_S ;;
    I thought you had me on 'ignore'?   Anyway...

"why scoff at people who are influenced by TPS?" -  not sure I did.

I know my stuff about pedals. Whether anyone wants to pay any attention to anything I ever say is entirely up to them.  I don't need to prove anything.

I do have some trendy and/or expensive pedals, but I only buy them when they are relatively cheap.   My choices aren't driven by whether they are expensive or trendy, though.   I also have very affordable pedals that are also very good.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    The coopersonic is a beast -I don’t think that’s a refined descriptor.  I like and would certainly be happy to try the Kingsley range to compare. 
  • Ro_S said:
    I also have very affordable pedals that are also very good.
    Lol’d as I read that with my internal Donald Trump voice - “I have affordable pedals. My pedals are really affordable - really affordable. But they’re very good pedals - I mean really good - pedals. In fact they’re more affordable - and better - than your pedals. Definitely cheaper - and better - than your pedals”.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Ro_S said:
    Lol’d as I read that with my internal Donald Trump voice - “I have affordable pedals. My pedals are really affordable - really affordable. But they’re very good pedals - I mean really good - pedals. In fact they’re more affordable - and better - than your pedals. Definitely cheaper - and better - than your pedals”.
    FAKE NEWS.  Sad!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    Ro_S said:
    JEPBLEP said:

@Ro_S - yup. And limited. And more easy to fit onto a pedalboard.
    How many trannies does it have?  Is it based on certain vintage fuzz pedal?

I have no idea mate, but it sure is pretty:

Lookup Spaceman innards across the web and you'll find they take a lot of pride of their craftsmanship though. If you want to know more about the pedal itself, Mr Charles Saufley is far more eloquent than I'll ever be. :)
  • mgaw said:
    Kingsley pedals have been around for a long time, even before TPS would you believe.   I dont think they are "trendy" to a lot of folk "in the know"..it does sound tht you have only heard of them recently and jumped to the conclusion they are just a trendy boutique brand.

My understanding is they have been painstakingly developed over the years by a hardworking chap called Simon Jarrett who many think is a bit of a genius, he also happens to be a fantastic guitarist (see below)  respectully @Ro_S ; it may be better to reign it in a bit..i have owned Kingsley pedals for over 5 years as have others on here thats a long trend.  check him out, the real deal me thinks and deserves a bit of respect dont you think

I heard they're heavily based on the mesa v-twin, which is heavily based on the marshall jmp pedal. 

Obviously this could be total horse poo but it did come from an experienced amp tech. Being based on something doesn't mean clone though, and changing a few components can have quite an effect. 
    mgaw said:

^ not a sound or style that I'm interest in in the slightest, personally.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Ro_S said:
    My hands aren't small.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    Ro_S said:
    mgaw said:

^ not a sound or style that I'm interest in in the slightest, personally.
    worthy of respect though i would suggest, try thinking outside of YOU  @Ro_S ;  it will help ease your passage through life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:

worthy of respect though i would suggest, try thinking outside of YOU  @Ro_S ;  it will help ease your passage through life
    as i said earlier, i never disrespected Kingley pedals or their maker, anyway