sorted

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I don't think he was making a personal attack on you, I read it more as a comment on our collective likelihood of making money playing music. Fair play to you if you are!!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    edited November 2017
    @jamesoliver1234  I assumed you made your money cooking . Of course it was in no way a personal attack, I just liked the optimism of making money from music, something I know rarely happens! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @bluechargeboy so you're in an instrumental 3-piece?

Yeah, we're going for the minimum possible chance of making a living playing music!
    I think you're going the right way about it ;)

But, good on you, I'd be likely to come to a gig!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Phil_aka_Pip nice one! :)

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • @jamesoliver1234 - I don't think there is a right or wrong way to split proceeds from a song, but from a legal perspective you need to protect yourself from being ripped off in the future and now your singer has broached the subject you can now establish a contractual agreement for the future and for any previous material you have collaborated on.
    Unless your singer has already tried to 'copyright' the songs to his own name then he is in no stronger position than you at the moment.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I'd love to know what kind of money here this OP is talking about....he's already said he "makes a living from playing music" but is that gigs or money from written & recorded music sales ? If the latter then I'd be interested to see/hear their output. He doesn't want to discuss 'how much' for some reason (hey mr taxman! ;) ) but its an interesting topic!!

I make a living from primarily teaching guitar and that is also supplanted by my covers band doing gigs. I am far from rich and its not likely I ever will be, but I get by and it also finds my GASsage and a nice bit of gear has been accumulated over the years.

As for original bands round here - nobody is making anything much from it. Its a bit of fun and is usually funded by a day job....unless you 'make it' which means you're in the 0.001% of those involved in this 'industry'.

• jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1268
    edited November 2017
    @siraxeman ;; has nothing to do with the taxman...we  pay tax.....our main income is gigs...but our last cd did well for us....and we are far from rich also..
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Gold....platinum? ;) Well done, I don't know what done well is in terms of album sales...but all is good if you sell many! :)