Mustang slider switch wiring question?

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited November 2017 in Making & Modding
The Mustang type of 3 way slider switch, can I wire just one to give bridge/both/neck, there are two rows of four eyelets on the back of the switch......
or is there a switch that fits that will?

Failing that could I wire one switch to each pickup, so that when both are on gives both? I just wat to do away with the phase switching as I find it pointless....
Thanks!
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72405
    Yes, you can use one switch as the pickup selector.

Wire it like this:

1  2  3  4
    5  6  7  8

1, 3, 6 and 8 to the volume control, 2 to the neck pickup, 7 to the bridge pickup.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    @ICBM you are a star! Thank you!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• JD50JD50 Frets: 659

I did the 5.0 mod where I could select the pickups via one switch & the other switch was wired to In phase out of phase and a bass boost.

http://www.redherring-tonebones.com/mustang-wiring-configs-schematic-mods/

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Nice link @JD50 ;

Thanks!