Anyone else got an Avalanche Run?

ewalewal Frets: 2589
If so, I've just noticed that when I engage the effect, my guitar sound becomes much brighter and loses bottom end, regardless of whether I've got the delay and reverb mix control set to fully dry. It's not completely unpleasant, but I'd rather just get the dry signal. Anyone else notice this?

I sort of think this something that's just started happening, and therefore my pedal has developed a fault. Might try a different power supply...
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I haven’t got one but I did try one in a shop and was a little taken aback at how bright it sounded - very much a digital delay and I’m more used to analogue is all - so it wouldn’t surprise me if it seemed to be making everything a bit twinkly. However, the manual says it has an all analog (sic) dry signal path so it shouldn’t really do anything to your dry sound. 

It does require a shed load of power (425ma) so I guess if it’s underpowered that might have a negative effect. The only other thing might be if it is in Tails mode as that will buffer your signal - I don’t particularly imagine that would chop your bottom end out but I’m presuming the buffer would effect the dry signal as well so I guess it’s a possibility. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2589
    I've tried it in and out of buffered/ tails mode. Basically it brightens up the sound when the effect is engaged in true bypass mode even when both mix controls are fully dry, and in tails mode it brightens up the signal regardless whether effect engaged or not. I actually quite like the effect - just hadn't noticed it before, so wondered if it was normal behaviour.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience