C18Q1 Set neck Strat (not set neck!) Complete!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Lovely job.  What stain did you use?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They are Crimson Guitars Stunning Stains - mixed from various colours. 
  • Looks supercool - great job!
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
    edited February 2018
    Lets just talk about the pickups in this a little. I’ve always been a Strat person but I have had occasional dalliances with the Les Paul Junior. Thus I was attracted to the idea of the P90 in a Strat shaped package - Jaime at the Creamery went out of his way to have these ready in time - I gave him nothing like enough notice and he was a pleasure to deal with.

They fit perfectly into Strat pickup covers and consequently into the Guitar. They are fitted with three leads - normal black and white plus red ones which are earths for the base plate. I have shielded the electrics with conductive paint and this has made for a near silent set up from a noise perspective. 

The three pickups are marked Neck, Middle and Bridge and in place they give a really balanced sound. I am particularly taken with the bridge/middle sound - I don’t usually favour the inbetween sounds (most of my strats have 3 way switches) but this sounds brilliant - a touch quacky but with a humbucker aspect to it. 

Ive done a couple of jams with it now and am generally very pleased - I think it could do with a bit more break over the bridge (I may yet fix that) and it is a bit heavy (I made the body particularly thick). I could sort that out with a bit of thicknessing but I’m  going to leave it for now. 

And that’s that - thanks for all suggestions and all the positive feedback.