Order of Pedals.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12398
    ICBM said:
    munckee said:
    Having never had a looper before, if you put it last does that allow you to record clean rhythm and then driven lead? 
    Yes. Any pedals before the looper can be on or off for rhythm and lead parts; any pedals after the looper are on both.
    Nice one thanks.  While we're asking I'm also planning to get a compressor (I know they're not universally popular.  My intended order is comp, drive (sort of its a joyo american sound but has drive function) then reverb then looper.  Is that the logical way?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    edited November 2017
    Yes, usually compressor before overdrive - but some people prefer the other way round.

For me, I would put the reverb after the looper because if it's before, you're going to layer reverb on top of reverb and that can make things sound a bit confused. If you put the reverb after the looper then it's a single layer of reverb, like playing in a more naturally reverby room.

But again, others may prefer the opposite - which would let you have a reverby rhythm track and a dry lead one, or vice versa.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12398
    ICBM said:
    Yes, usually compressor before overdrive - but some people prefer the other way round.

For me, I would put the reverb after the looper because if it's before, you're going to layer reverb on top of reverb and that can make things sound a bit confused. If you put the reverb after the looper then it's a single layer of reverb, like playing in a more naturally reverby room.

But again, others may prefer the opposite - which would let you have a reverby rhythm track and a dry lead one, or vice versa.
    Thanks ICBM will try the reverb after
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom