Pedal Switcher Question - eg, Boss ES models

2»

Comments

• That's exactly what you do...or just jumper it with a small patch lead and run into the front of the amp. Then you don't need two sets of patches.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a junction box on the board that all my 4CM cables  to/from the amp plug into. That means I don't plug/unplug anything from my pedals. This lets me run a short jumper between "board send to guitar input on amp" and "amp send to FX loop" which is actually back to the board and feeding my "effects loop" pedals. Bought it from Bright Onion. To save space, everything plugs in from above, not the sides. I've also seen a similar box that has a switch to change modes without using a jumper cable.
  • That's exactly what you do...or just jumper it with a small patch lead and run into the front of the amp. Then you don't need two sets of patches.
    Cool, perfect! Cheers @vasselmeyer ;
  • I have a junction box on the board that all my 4CM cables  to/from the amp plug into. That means I don't plug/unplug anything from my pedals. This lets me run a short jumper between "board send to guitar input on amp" and "amp send to FX loop" which is actually back to the board and feeding my "effects loop" pedals. Bought it from Bright Onion. To save space, everything plugs in from above, not the sides. I've also seen a similar box that has a switch to change modes without using a jumper cable.
    Cool, so basically small cables from the looper into the junction box which sits on the board means no disconnecting  from the looper itself. Any adjustments needed just take place at the junction box?
    Cool, so basically small cables from the looper into the junction box which sits on the board means no disconnecting  from the looper itself. Any adjustments needed just take place at the junction box?
    Yes. The jumper cable keeps the signal from the "pre-amp" FX going to the guitar input on the amp and just passes them to the "FX loop" effects on the board. Then you plug the cable that goes to the FX return on the amp into the guitar input on the amp instead. 
  • Yep, I have a similar junction box on my board- guitar in, out to the front end of the amp, input from the effects loop send and another output to the effects return. It's possible to get one with switching jacks so that if you don't plug anything in to the middle two jacks your signal goes through the whole board. It basically does the same thing as a patch cable in the loop, only neater.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I'm now talking myself into going for a G2........

Feel free to talk me in/out of it guys.

I've put up a separate post about it too, would love to hear thoughts.insights

• I'm now talking myself into going for a G2........

Feel free to talk me in/out of it guys.

I've put up a separate post about it too, would love to hear thoughts.insights

Think of your back at least lifting the pedal board case at least lol . Well I tried  ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • The g2 really isn't that heavy at all. 
    Super easy to programme too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I already carry a fully loaded pt2w/hardcase, JVM410h and 4x12 to most gigs, so I’m sure the weight wouldn’t really bother me