Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

new watch day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    scrumhalf said:
    Maybe it's a generational thing, but that watch just looks too busy for me. I like a simple watch face that has very little other than the time-telling bits on it.
    I said HALF PAST THREE granddad!
    Lol, that's me exactly nowadays. Deaf in one ear and have to wear a big fuck off watch just so I can see the hands. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Do you find yourself in many tactical combat situations?
    not yet but now i have this watch it's only a matter of time now ;-p
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28310
    rocktron said:

Most Watch Shops sell the Diesel Mega Chief watches for £239, but you can get them cheaper by shopping around.
    If I was spending over £200 on a watch I'd want it to be from a watch company, not a fashion brand.

Then again, if I was spending under £200 on a watch I'd still want it to be from a watch company, not a fashion brand.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I always leave my Rolex at home when visiting the food bank, it saves people asking me if it’s a fake.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    I like a mechanical chronograph but TBH  I wouldn't want a watch made from plastic.

They may look indestructible but they get plastic rot and the straps snap. 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Sporky said:
    rocktron said:

Most Watch Shops sell the Diesel Mega Chief watches for £239, but you can get them cheaper by shopping around.
    If I was spending over £200 on a watch I'd want it to be from a watch company, not a fashion brand.

Then again, if I was spending under £200 on a watch I'd still want it to be from a watch company, not a fashion brand.
    Totally agree. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    in the vein of changing one letter -  Watch of the Day introduced by Gary Vineker
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have four Diesel Chronographs, for a few years now, and I am happy with them. All were bought simply because I liked their styling, size, and weight. BTW, Diesel watches come with some of the best Italian leather straps.

Of course, you may choose not to buy any watches made by Michael Kors, Guess, Diesel, AIX, and Boss, but I would recommend that you inspect them for yourself before dismissing them out of hand through hearsay.   

These watches are huge and may not be to everyone's liking:-

DIESEL DZ4290 (I replaced the leather band with a Diesel metal band from new. I wear this one everyday and didn't want the leather band to become worn.)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Diesel DZ4290 1_zpsh3epodvv.jpg

DIESEL DZ4318

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Diesel DZ4318_zpspgsmrsvf.jpg

DIESEL DZ4360

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Diesel Mega Chief DZ4360 Chronograph 4 52mm_zps5kithd0i.jpg

DIESEL DZ7378

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/rocktron1948/Diesel DZ7378 1_zpsq5mzyba3.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    "Only the brave"? 

Blimey mate they are huge.

From a horological standpoint you have a giant case with a tiny cheap plastic quartz movement inside. You can tell the size by the way the subdials are all crowded in the centre. 

Fashion watches without doubt, but if that is what floats your boat (and it obviously is) good luck to you. 

Also you say,

"Of course, you may choose not to buy any watches made by Michael Kors, Guess, Diesel, AIX, and Boss, but I would recommend that you inspect them for yourself before dismissing them out of hand through hearsay.   "

However of course those watches aren't made by those firms but probably somewhere in China and more than likely in the same place.

I've inspected, and changed batteries on quite a few of the types and TBH they are rather more style than substance which is fine if you are just after the look but often poor value for money compared with a proper watchmaker like Seiko.

Just my POV. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 28310
    rocktron said:

Of course, you may choose not to buy any watches made by Michael Kors, Guess, Diesel, AIX, and Boss, but I would recommend that you inspect them for yourself before dismissing them out of hand through hearsay.   

No hearsay involved.

I buy my shoes from shoe companies, my clothes from clothes companies and what watches I have from watch companies - and I don't mean from strange little shops called Herrington & Mulkvitch or similar. I tend to avoid buying stuff from brands that are brands above all else.

The G-Shock and Edifice Casios are a bit busy for my tastes, but I'd much rather a Casio than a Diesel watch. In the same way I wouldn't buy a Michael Kors calculator, or a Guess laptop.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    simonk said:
    Rocker said:
    Rolex. It tells the time and date. What more do you need?
    Something a bit less gaudy?
    I have a classic Rolex I bought new in 1980. It's not gaudy at all. It's a classic man's watch, not a large bad taste multi-coloured, multi-buttoned monstrosity that seems to pass for a watch these days.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • If you want an understated, classy look with elegant lines and an easy to read dial, how about one of these?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/x2AAAOSw7GRZA4oz/s-l1600.jpg
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    I have a classic Rolex I bought new in 1980. It's not gaudy at all. It's a classic man's watch, not a large bad taste multi-coloured, multi-buttoned monstrosity that seems to pass for a watch these days.
    Same here - though I bought it in 1987. Stainless steel, nicely understated and near mint after 30 years....
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited November 2017
    I have a few Casios, including some limited edition ones:  

https://imgur.com/a/WrCv5