Collectors choice - Any good?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• MattP said:
    Ah shame! beautiful guitar.

I actually own this Nicky now.

@ourmaninthenorth 's comments are interesting, as it just goes to show how subjective these things are. I've had lots of historics, including an aged Page #1, and an aged CC #1. This is one of the few that I've kept, and I prefer it to the vast majority that have gone before it. Coincidentally, the only LP that I've played which I prefer, is my 40th Anniversary Murphy. That is the best guitar I've ever had, but this Nicky certainly is the equal of any other recently built LP I've ever had, including the aforementioned Page and Moore.

I have to say Matt its a beautiful guitar Glad you're enjoying it. If you ever do decide to sell I'd love a heads up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    MattP said:

@ourmaninthenorth 's comments are interesting, as it just goes to show how subjective these things are. I've had lots of historics, including an aged Page #1, and an aged CC #1. This is one of the few that I've kept, and I prefer it to the vast majority that have gone before it. Coincidentally, the only LP that I've played which I prefer, is my 40th Anniversary Murphy. That is the best guitar I've ever had, but this Nicky certainly is the equal of any other recently built LP I've ever had, including the aforementioned Page and Moore.

I have to say Matt its a beautiful guitar Glad you're enjoying it. If you ever do decide to sell I'd love a heads up. 

Thanks mate, I certainly will but for now - she's staying  :)
  • MattP said:
    MattP said:

Thanks mate, I certainly will but for now - she's staying  :)
    I don't blame you mate - Enjoy! 
  • MattP said:

It absolutely is all subjective. You own a great guitar, no question. 

Funnily enough the only "Historic" type guitar that I've heard and played that I preferred over the pictured Murphy was a bloody fake from that Canadian geezer!! So good as to be scary. 

I was lucky enough to A/B the Murphy against a 'Burst, Mick Taylor's Exile on Main Street guitar, and also listen to a far more gifted player than I doing the same,  it came second, but not by as much as one would have thought. 

It's great when you get a keeper, I wish you many years of pleasure with it. 

• PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
    edited April 2018
    Love mine. Definitely a keeper. ;-) CC15
    https://i.imgur.com/jU9o5AS.jpg