SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender MiM Classic 50's Lacquer - Black - £500 - SOLD

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
edited November 2017 in Basses £
This one is surplus to requirements now due to being usurped by partscasters.

The classic 50's usually come as standard (poly finish) or roadworn (nitro finish) - this one is the rare one they did as a non-roadwork but Lacquer finish (and they only did it in black).

Anodized scratchplate
1.75" nut width (just like the late 50s and early 60s precisions - which is why you'd buy one)
Maple board
Lacquer finish.

Now, this one has been gigged and played a lot (it's a 2015 I think..) so there are dings and a few dents and scratches over the front and back - it's not too bad, and it doesn't show up too well in the photos, but it isn't as new by any stretch of the imagination. I paid £500 for it - so that's what it's up for. They are well over £1k new now, and mint ones go for £700 plus. 

Includes original fender gig bag. Comes with Chromes fitted, or I can put some rounds on if you prefer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I never thought you would get rid of this one.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Freebird said:
    I never thought you would get rid of this one.
    To be honest it gets played the least - I'm a rosewood board fan, and it doesn't get gigged (the 51P or the PJs do by preference) and if I'm at home I'll pick up the 64 every time rather than this. 

It does a great impression of a classic pre-CBS Fender tho - and I think they are better than the US Standards..
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2017
    I'd have gone for this one if I hadn't already found a US Standard!    Still you can't go far wrong with a P-Bass, it's the best thing I've bought in ages. All guitarists should give bass playing a go  
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Weight? 
    Ajoten said:
    Weight? 
    I will weigh it tonight and post 
    Sold pending - they are going quick today!!
    Sold!