SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited January 2018
    I've dealt with Paul before and you can buy with confidence. Never a problem
    Bought a Two Rock and a Bad Cat from him and both deals were solid :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmm, I am so tempted by this. Been looking at Helix LT's new, but this isn't too much more than one of them. When does the e-bay sale end? I may try to swing this with "she who must be obeyed. "
  • TPReggie said:
    Hmmm, I am so tempted by this. Been looking at Helix LT's new, but this isn't too much more than one of them. When does the e-bay sale end? I may try to swing this with "she who must be obeyed. "
    Friday at 10:15pm - I must have had a couple of glasses of wine....
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

@TPReggie please buy this, seeing it not selling at this low price is making me sad.

• TPReggie said:
    Hmmm, I am so tempted by this. Been looking at Helix LT's new, but this isn't too much more than one of them. When does the e-bay sale end? I may try to swing this with "she who must be obeyed. "
    Friday at 10:15pm - I must have had a couple of glasses of wine....
    Now pulled from EBay as I'm sure one of you lovely people will want this at some point...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am out for work today and tomorrow. Will try to speak to the missus tomorrow, and figure out if i can scrape the cash together and give you a definitive answer this weekend. In the meantime I have sent you a couple of question on pm if that is ok :)
  • TPReggie said:
    I am out for work today and tomorrow. Will try to speak to the missus tomorrow, and figure out if i can scrape the cash together and give you a definitive answer this weekend. In the meantime I have sent you a couple of question on pm if that is ok :)
    Hi Reg, Yep, I have PM'd you back.
  • Waiting for the next forum member to embark on their Helix adventure. Not much this can't do. GAS cure.....
  • Yes, sorry guys, am not going for this as I have decided an LT is adequate for my needs, and as I am trying to keep as much cash back as i can to go toward a cheaper Gretsch in part trade I am taking the cheaper Helix option :) Best of luck with the sale Paul, I am sure someone will pick it up from you :)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    TPReggie said:
    Yes, sorry guys, am not going for this as I have decided an LT is adequate for my needs, and as I am trying to keep as much cash back as i can to go toward a cheaper Gretsch in part trade I am taking the cheaper Helix option :) Best of luck with the sale Paul, I am sure someone will pick it up from you :)
    Mistake
    Full fat Helix is so much more user friendly 
  • Dominic said:
    Mistake
    Really? How so, and why? This is something difficult to fathom for me you see, as I dont have one. I currently have an HD500. Watching the various Line 6 videos, such as this one, it seems all I am really missing out on in external functionality and scribble strips. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsrKu2YN8g&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTjJKaE9EUmlNMkZqTkdZMSIsInQiOiJzVWdsbTFIWjBGVlwvMUdDU1JEelwvZjI0VmdUSktFSzUrQ3NUMTVmcm9EaHo4RVFZMFdwNWtBTlozcW9Bd29VUHRCRGtrWkVSXC9HWWY5S2ZzTHlKa0hYZ0czYUlaUDQxZVwvU1o5ZGRDM2F1TU1TVnIxQm04Q3JhRHh4d2ZITmUyUkMifQ%3D%3D

Can you expand at all on your comment - or anyone else who may be able to point out things to me that are differences that I am not aware of - or that aren't being advertised by Line 6 as differences?
  • Dominic said:
    TPReggie said:
    Yes, sorry guys, am not going for this as I have decided an LT is adequate for my needs, and as I am trying to keep as much cash back as i can to go toward a cheaper Gretsch in part trade I am taking the cheaper Helix option :) Best of luck with the sale Paul, I am sure someone will pick it up from you :)
    Mistake
    The lt and the full fat are the same pretty much
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Mainly the scribble strips........I'm not very tech and to me half the beauty is to see what you have programmed to where so easily and clearly ........it's one of the things that always put me off axefx ............just feels neater and more organised for the sake of a small amount of money
    but, the unit itself is chunkier and more substantial ,wah pedal etc
    there are loads more serious differences for outs and paths but that is way beyond me and most people's needs
    I would just rather pay the money for a secondhand full fat than similar for the LT
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When Paul Hindmarsh demonstrated the Helix to me he had guitar, bass, vocals (with harmonies and effects, acoustic guitar, backing tracks all routed and controlled by the unit. Unbelievable amount of processing power if you need, want or can understand how to use it...
  • Bump....:-)
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Dominic said:
    TPReggie said:
    Mistake
    I thought the interface/OS was exactly the same?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited January 2018
    The UI is the same, but the scribble strips are worth the difference in price alone IMO, and for me the discount on Helix Native is worth considering
  • Bump with a couple of options for trades...
  • Bump
  • Any interesting trades out there?