New guitar tuition site from Mike Walker

2»

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Ossyrocks said:
    Mike is a busy lad. He's been finishing off the Ropes stuff, in fact he borrowed one of my guitars for a couple of weeks to use on the new album. He's also starting a full time course at uni to enhance his skills and better help his fellow musicians. 
    Thanks ..yeah hes a great player..love his music..just the teaching course seems to be really which is a shame cos loads of good stuff on..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Yeah seen it. The writing has been on the wall for a while now but it is a great shame that Leeds Uni gave up on Bretton.
  • colskicolski Frets: 20
    Mike's one of the best and most under-exposed player/educators around, total monster. I've attended a few of his guitar retreats, and his whole philosophy as much as his technical ability is inspiring.
    colski said:
    Mike's one of the best and most under-exposed player/educators around, total monster. I've attended a few of his guitar retreats, and his whole philosophy as much as his technical ability is inspiring.
    I agree totally .. im thinking of starting again with the course just to go over whats there again 
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    edited March 2017
    He's just announced another retreat in the Lakes in September if anyone is interested.

"Just up in the Lakes for some discussions about a music festival that's happening 31st Aug to 3rd of Sept in Ambleside. 
    After it from the 5th, Tuesday up to and including the 8th, Friday - I'm doing my Guitar Retreat again. Beautiful place to study. It's pretty full on, 10 till 5, knackering, rewarding, friendly, nice walks, nice pubs, etc. 
    E mail me with intent on securing a place if you've done it before or PM here on FB if you need details. I'll repost this, or share it if you have a mind to. Bestest, Mike."
  • sekerisekeri Frets: 2
    Nice site but it takes some time to understand how it works and how it is structured.
    sekeri said:
    Nice site but it takes some time to understand how it works and how it is structured.
    Has much changed on it ...cos nothing much seemed to be happening on it ..but had some great things on