Patch Cables: advice

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
Wiring up my new board and being driven nuts by my Fender Custom Shop patch cables.  The tweed looks cool and all, but the b*ggers poke out a fair way from the sides of the things and are mighty resistant to being bent where I want them to go.

So I'm seeking advice on alternatives.  Seen these Van Damme things which look just the job, but all suggestions gratefully received.  Oh and soldering my own really not much of an option: last time I replaced a pickup I nearly soldered my hand to my face and burnt a row of houses down.

Here's the VDs (fnarr) I was looking at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Units-Ultra-Flexible-Instrument-Low-Profile-Connectors/dp/B016MJ5G9M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1511722300&sr=8-10&keywords=Van+Damme+patch+cables+low+profile

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited November 2017
    Evidence sis just stops all the pain...worth the extra money for reliability and super low profile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Evidence sis just stops all the pain...worth the extra money for reliability and super low profile.
    Will goooooooooogle.  Ta.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How many pedals do you need to wire up?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    How many pedals do you need to wire up?
    These.  Plus a couple more I forgot I had cos my son's mates keep 'borrowing' them.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • If you go lava it will cost you north of £100 
    I think evidence will be nearer £200

The ones you posted will be of decent quality but you will need a few random cables at a longer length. It's probably the cheapest option too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thinking about it someone was selling a load of plugs and lava cable at a good price on the classifieds the other day.
    It might be worth a look
  • Those pancake ones from Van Damme are good but they're quite "big" so if you have pedals with two sockets next to each other then they probably won't fit---i.e. the red patch cable in your skreddy fits ok but the van dammes probably wouldn't fit in the same spot. They're good for getting two pedals close together but not for sockets on the same pedal. 

I have taken to using the EBS "flat" patch cable. These are the lowest profile, smallest patch cables that I've encountered.
    edited November 2017
    @meltedbuzzbox I'd scoured the classifieds but missed that.  Will go Big Game hunting again: thanks!

@UnclePsychosis guess I'll have to mix and match if the Van Damme types are too big to jump some of my pedals.  The Skreddy is weird: won't work unless you short circuit the effects loop.  Will have a look at EBS too: ta for suggestion.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I had my old board wired up with those fender patch cables then used lava cables on my new one and there was a noticible improvement in top end clarity.