NCD Hoffnine Cabs

What's Hot
DanDan Frets: 441
I dont get a lot of time at the moment but I thought I would post a belated NCD.

Wanted a custom pine 1x12 cab to match my Redplate head and Zilla cab I have currently. Emailed the Zilla and a few other places but hoffnine were the only ones to get back to me with a yes.

Went ahead and ordered and this was the outcome....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    looks very good, how much was it please
  • What's the speaker?  Nice looking cab btw.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Tom (Hoffnine) is based about two miles from my studio. I think he makes easily the best cabs in the UK. Love his work. 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Tom is a dude :) Made me a lovely 1x12 to go with my Victory V30 - he can spec all sorts of options and does amp re-covering too - spent 2 hrs there the first time I met him and he let me try all sorts of speakers and different cabs etc
    Worth checking what he can do for you if you are after a cab :)
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    @mgaw unloaded cab cost £250 inc shipping which I thought was very reasonable for a totally custom cab.

@BluesyDave Ordered it unloaded but ive put in a Jensen P12Q as I wanted something quite low in efficiency.Pretty nice but might change it at a later date.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Dan Was that to tame the volume a bit?
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    @Dan Was that to tame the volume a bit?
    Yeah wanted something decent but low in efficiency just to take the edge off. Although yesterday I compared it with a WGS G12C in my deluxe reverb which is rated around 99/100db with this Jensen being 94/95db (using the DR as a head) and could barely notice a difference! I guess the cab makes a difference too? Both pine and both open back.