Compressor for bass?

EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
No specific budget here but ideally cheap but decent if possible. I’ve been threatening to put together a mini bass board for my son for ages and this is on the list. Hasn’t got to be used on a world tour but I’d like it to do a reasonable job. Ta.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72597
    Boss LMB-3. Limiting works better on bass than compression, for me. I never used the enhancer part, but some people like it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    The bassist in my band uses this...

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

I've got a MXR bass comp for sale in FX£ -

Done me very well, and was "borrowed" by the bassist in another band when I switch over to full time helix. Have had to fight it back off him to fund Christmas!!

• Cheers all. The LMB3 comes up in the Ovnilab cheap picks as well so that's looking positive. The other Boss one is a bit pricey, as is the MXR ( at new price anyway). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6112
    For bass, I love the Maxon RTC600. I spent the past few days A/B'ing it against a Cali76 TX and it came out on top. It's above your budget but they occasionally come up used on ebay. Many Maxon pedals don't hold their value second hand for some reason.