Big handle and head problems

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
On my lovely Bogner 1 x 12 cab, the handle is on the top and its a pretty bogo standard carry handle. The soft case I have that goes with it has a space for the handle to go through it so sadly removing the handle isnt an option.  My problem is that my little h and k head sits on this handle and is a little bit wobbly. My thoughts were to extend the amps feet  a little bit and it would solve the problem but if I did that, the snug amp head case would catch on it. 

First world problems I know but can anyone think of a way round this? I'd buy and amp stand with a seperate head section but I ain't spending 70 quid on a quiklok one!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    edited November 2017
    what about those self adhesive felt pad things for the bottoms of chairs on the top of the cab?

or, I know it will look pants but put the Bogner on its side??

or sell it back to me

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Carefully rout a recess into the bottom of the amp head so it will fit over the handle. This will also prevent the head from vibrating off the cab.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

Make an 'Interface' plate out of ply or MDF of the required thickness.  Can be used as added speaker protection when kit is chucked into the Transit.

if you 'have the technology' you could route depressions for the feet and get the stability ICBM mentions. If you DON'T have the tech, make the plate with laminations.

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom