New Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl HiFI

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
Looks like it's only available from Reverb.COM, at least at the moment
Couple of changes, volume pot replaced by a lag one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• £270 through reverb, £8000 once it is released in the UK.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7810

Andy's had his hair done.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Ive been following the thread on TGP regarding this, and Im personally a bit disappointed with this release. 

I like Joel and admire his creativity but most of his pedals are difficult to use in real life, and these recent upgrades are now following a pattern; slight tweaks and floor noise improvements. A lovely new lick of paint, and out into the market place.

I also personally struggle with companies that use customer feedback to then offer such improvements; some say its 'listening' to customer feedback, whilst for me it is lack of testing before release. I tried 2 Tonal Recalls (MK 1) and it was as plain as anything that they were way too noisy to be released; the Spectre was even noisier...

But maybe this is the price to pay for genuine ground breaking pedal design, which Joel offers. And I dare say, as a business model, it works...

CB stuff is groundbreaking, and maybe this means that my views aren't appropriate... indeed, The Brothers is the true genius pedal as that is superb.

Apologies if this is a negatve thread !
  • I imagine that sales of wvmk2 have slowed, prompting the redesign and new take on the sound. Cba are a small company, the pedals are very expensive and I dare say he has one eye on making as much money as possible at of a small group.

The v1 to v2 redesign was 100% required as were the spectre and TR mods. I would imagine he can't extensively test the market before release. But I do hope he has learnt that noise floor matters. 350+ for a noisy pedal is a hard sell. For that price perfection is expected.

This feels more like a new sound option. Wv2 was marketed as lofi and I think its an outstanding pedal, I just imagine he feels he just can't sell many more of them.

This one appeals to me as I prefer a brighter chorus. Though the demo from reverb is rubbish. Hoping to hear better soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    edited November 2017
    @Teetonetal - good post mate...

Yes, at that price point, I wouldnt expect to add noise to my set-up. 

I agree about the Reverb demo - very poor. Hope Andy hasnt become infected by them ! 

Most of the Reverb demos are very poor, imho...
  • Agree with you @Wazmeister , I have only recently got a 'Brothers' and it is a stella pedal.  
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11889
    edited December 2017
    It’s just an updated version of a pedal, I guess the only people who may be disappointed are the ones who recently bought the mk2 and think they are missing out.  But it offers something different so one can have both, like one can have many drive pedals.

Joel has a history of constantly working on many projects/pedals so I’m pretty sure there are lots more new (non revision) stuff to come.

I actually had the opportunity to meet him on Wednesday, super nice guy and give great hugs! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s just an updated version of a pedal, I guess the only people who may be disappointed are the ones who recently bought the mk2 and think they are missing out.  But it offers something different so one can have both, like one can have many drive pedals.

Joel has a history of constantly working on many projects/pedals so I’m pretty sure there are lots more new (non revision) stuff to come.

I actually had the opportunity to meet him on Wednesday, super nice guy and give great hugs! 
    That was my concern, having been bought a mk2 for Xmas. Thankfully they seem quite different animals, and the revisions to 3 make it far less appealing for my particular board / tastes / requirements. 

• Joel said in the launch blurb that he does not consider this WVmk3 - it's a different circuit.
    It’s just an updated version of a pedal, I guess the only people who may be disappointed are the ones who recently bought the mk2 and think they are missing out.  But it offers something different so one can have both, like one can have many drive pedals.

That was my concern, having been bought a mk2 for Xmas. Thankfully they seem quite different animals, and the revisions to 3 make it far less appealing for my particular board / tastes / requirements. 

I wish I could compare them but it was sent back, only had a prototype for the photo.

edited December 2017
    It’s landed again!

• It’s landed again!

Clips!
  • No point in getting early access if you don't post early clips ;-)
  • Joel's mentioned (can't remember where) that he felt irritated that the tap function didn't have a hold too and wanted to incorporate a hold function into the WV. I echo previous sentiments; seems like the two are different animals and i think it just broadens the choices.