IPhone 7 - good, bad or indifferent?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've had a 7 for about a week now, upgraded from a 6 on EE and didn't cost me anything for the handset. 

Not a massive leap from the 6 to be honest but I wasn't expecting it, and the 6 now gets handed down to my kids to use as a wi-fi device at home (they have a few app games they play and this saves them using my phone....they also love the slow motion camera for filming toy car crashes and putting together stop-motion films).

Performance is a lot quicker, and the camera is great for an "always in my pocket, capture the moment" type thing.

Couldn't justify the jump to the 8 (glass back for wireless charging was about the only real difference), and no way I would go to the X at current costs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    ICBM said:
    I would get an iPhone SE if you want an iPhone. Way cheaper than the 7, and a more comfortable, less fragile size.

I just got one to replace my much-loved 4S which finally started to cause trouble. All my kids have SEs too, and given the hammering they give them there's no problem with battery life.
    I understand where you are coming from @ICBM but my audiologist strongly recommend an iPhone 7 as one of its functions is to control my hearing aid devices. The iPhone 7 does that task brilliantly (the Android software for this task is flaky and has limited functionality). I seldom use the camera on my phone, I have a Canon DSLR and a Panasonic LUMIX, so photos and vids are already sorted. All the shops recommended me getting a good protection cover for the iPhone. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Look at Otterbox cases @Rocker ;

• RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    Thanks @not_the_dj, I was shown a few of those cases. They look like they offer good protection for the iPhone while still looking decent quality.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Rocker said:

I understand where you are coming from @ICBM but my audiologist strongly recommend an iPhone 7 as one of its functions is to control my hearing aid devices. The iPhone 7 does that task brilliantly (the Android software for this task is flaky and has limited functionality).
    I would be astonished if the SE doesn't do that as well, since it also runs the most up-to-date version of iOS (currently 11.2).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555

Lovely photos them are @cruxiform

Thanks! The mountain pic was taken on the road leading to Val d'Isere and the other was a small village in the Languedoc region in France. 

I really rate the camera on the iphone and I use the available settings rather than just point and click. I don't want to highjack the thread but this guy has some good tips for iphone photography. Sure, he's using the video for his own photography school but the tips are very useful:

@Rocker

I hope you enjoy your iPhone 7!