Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I hate DPD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    we must be blessed round these parts all of them are great apart from yodel who are fantastically shit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited December 2017
    All this dissing yodel has reminded me of this record by Jimmy Lennon and the Atlantics featuring Ritchie Blackmore.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Love the video!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• My MD-500 was later. Ordered fri, in the DPD system Fri PM, didn't get it until Tuesday. Lack of updates. BUT, that is the first time they have messed up.

I think it is down to Black Friday.

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited December 2017
    The delivery window thing and tracking is good but the driver that does our round is a miserable cunt who smells bad. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    I had a DPD driver phone me because he couldn't find my address. I gave him directions from where he was to my address,  5 minutes away. 

He decided not to bother. 

I went mental at the poor guy in the call centre - ended up getting priority Saturday delivery at no extra charge.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    Nobody forces someone to do a job. If you can't do it with a good grace, don't do it and find something 'better'. As a customer service representative of their company, they *should* be promoting a positive view of their employer - if they aren't, they aren't doing their job.
    I'm with the other people who have disagreed with this. While I can remember a time when I could have walked out of one job on a Friday afternoon, sorted another one out over the weekend, and walked into a new job on Monday morning with more money ... life just is not like that any more. For the last 15 years I have considered myself lucky to have any kind of job, and for the most part unlucky to be stuck in that particular job.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Download the app and hit the "chat" button.  They are usually very helpful.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited December 2017
    DPD have always been flawless for me (small town between Glasgow and Stirling), especially so when it's something of any value. However, whoever it is that is doing Amazon's deliveries over the past month has been making a complete arse of it. We've had 4 packages disappear somewhere, including stuff ordered way before Black Friday. Anything in the lead up to or shortly after Black Friday seems to be 3 or 4 day delivery (which is fine) but they've not been able to resolve the lost parcels other than send another which then fell into the lottery of post-Black Friday deliveries. We've still got a few things at large and no idea when or if they'll turn up.

They must be massively busy, but I'm rapidly losing confidence in the previous perfect record Amazon and DPD have had at our house.

Guitar kit from the big chains through DPD has always turned up perfectly.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    impmann said:
    Nobody forces someone to do a job. If you can't do it with a good grace, don't do it and find something 'better'. As a customer service representative of their company, they *should* be promoting a positive view of their employer - if they aren't, they aren't doing their job.
    I'm with the other people who have disagreed with this. While I can remember a time when I could have walked out of one job on a Friday afternoon, sorted another one out over the weekend, and walked into a new job on Monday morning with more money ... life just is not like that any more. For the last 15 years I have considered myself lucky to have any kind of job, and for the most part unlucky to be stuck in that particular job.
    No. You've missed the point...

Nobody forces you to do a job. If you don't like it you look for something else. I'm not saying you just walk out... as I said you "find something 'better'" whatever than means. If you just put up with a job being shit its either 1) not that bad, 2) you are too lazy to do anything about it or 3) both of the above.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725

DPD are great around here.  Never had an issue.   I like the options for redelivery they give, it normally means I get my parcel the same day, they get a successful delivery first time.   It works for them, it works for me. 

I had a UPS delivery last week and wanted to take advantage of their redelivery options, knowing there is a UPS drop off point in a shop just down the road.  I had to sign up for an account.  That's no bother but once I had gone through the process of signing up and confirming my account it tells me I can't change the delivery on that parcel, but will be able to on all future parcels.   Then this week I receive a letter with a code to enter to validate I am who I say I am.   Thankfully the parcel ended up being delivered at 7pm on the original day, so I happened to be in.

I also got tracking info from royal mail, which is a nice new thing.   their redelivery options were to have all my post forwarded somewhere else for 3 months - not quite what I was looking for. 

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    No. You've missed the point...

Nobody forces you to do a job. If you don't like it you look for something else. I'm not saying you just walk out... as I said you "find something 'better'" whatever than means. If you just put up with a job being shit its either 1) not that bad, 2) you are too lazy to do anything about it or 3) both of the above.

Or 4) It’s one more shitty job in a succession of shitty jobs, pretty much everyone you know is in a shitty job, and you’ve reached the (almost certainly correct) conclusion that since the only thing on offer is going to be yet another shitty job there’s really no point getting your hopes up for anything better.

We’ve spent the last 15 years or so building an economy on treating a significant proportion of the workforce like shit and the process is now reaching its logical conclusion.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Download the app and hit the "chat" button.  They are usually very helpful.

Most of the time I click "chat", it tells me all of the agents are busy and I'm redirected to a chat bot, that just spits out data in the app. I've only ever got to a human once and they lied to me, telling me the package was shipped by the store on Tuesday, even when the tracking info in the app says otherwise.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    Waiting for DPD now, should have been here yesterday. Bit annoying but it's clearly the festive madness kicking in.

Usually a very good service here from them so not about to beat the driver with sticks. 

Isn't a sketch I'd do for love nor money, it amazes me they always turn up in good grace with a pleasant smile. I'd have sold the company van for scrap and be in the pub by midday with the proceeds. 
  • I like it. I'm in control of what I do, no manager looking over my shoulder, I'm paid pretty well, overtime is plentiful, you for have to deal with some utter dimwit customers who make you wonder how they tie their own shoelaces but I just laugh at them when I drive off. 

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DPD = Don't Presume Delivery