Katana vs Kemper vid

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
From everybody's favourite YouTube sensation!

Actually quite an interesting vid, not a huge amount of information as it's quite casual, but still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnILKKeR_3A
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    If you’ve watched it, you could add a brief summary, to save us all watching it..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m not sure about all the hype surrounding the Katana

Played one at guitar center while on holiday a couple of weeks back. While it covers a lot of ground for a great price I found the overdrives to be your typical Boss garbage and unusable 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244

Tbh, its not so much as a vs, its more of a you can do similar things.. 

Basically him using the katana as he would normally use a kemper for recording and getting good sounds. 

The relevant comparison is from 5mins ish to 6.30, but there is a bit of talking around this. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31606
    I’m not sure about all the hype surrounding the Katana

Played one at guitar center while on holiday a couple of weeks back. While it covers a lot of ground for a great price I found the overdrives to be your typical Boss garbage and unusable 
    There are more "unusable garbage" Boss pedals on professional touring boards around the world than any other brand. 

Unusable by whom?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    p90fool said:

There are more "unusable garbage" Boss pedals on professional touring boards around the world than any other brand. 

Unusable by whom?
    I was wondering about that too. I’ve been using those unusable overdrives for some time (albeit mostly at rehearsals and a couple of gigs where my “proper” rig would have been a PITA), do I have to stop now that I’ve been told they’re unusable? :-)

Incidentally I don’t think the Katanas do anything at all ground breaking, the ground breaking bit is accessibility (in terms of both cost and simplicity in use) compared with the likes of Kemper, Fractyal eat-al...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790

It models some non-Boss ones as well, including a Tubescreamer and a few others.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Maxx77Maxx77 Frets: 20

now we are getting into tgp ground.

let me grab my popcorn buckett
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Maxx77 said:

It's all garbage, isn't it? Boss pedals are total shite. So are Wampler, MXR, Keeley, and Strymon. And, fuck it, so are Gibson and Fender guitars. And PRS. Total trash.

OK, I'll register for an account on TGP...

;-)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Philtre said:
    Maxx77 said:

It's all garbage, isn't it? Boss pedals are total shite. So are Wampler, MXR, Keeley, and Strymon. And, fuck it, so are Gibson and Fender guitars. And PRS. Total trash.

OK, I'll register for an account on TGP...

;-)
    Skip TGP, go straight to mumsnet with that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:

Totally agree, I've just chucked my BOSS pedals in the bin as I believe my ears are now defunct as they sounded pretty good.

Also, sneaked into my son's room and fed his Katana and BOSS pedals to the cat.

Surprisingly, the cat sounds pretty good now, go figure ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom