NAD

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
The green Orange is a bit sick (got to find an amp tech near Leicester) and I have a Fender Twin Anniversary somewhere in London that I haven't had chance to collect so when this was offered in trade on the blue Les Paul I thought it was definitely worth a try. And should be pretty nice coupled with a Les Paul...

It's a Marshall 1974x hand-wired. 18w, two channel with tremelo (still need to work out what that does!), complete with it's cover and footswitch. Reviews were great, and I like smaller valve amps.  Coupled with the R8 it's pretty much perfect for me. Smooth, easy break up, and very controllable on rolling back the volume.

It has a bit of wear around the edges but it's beautifully put together, with Celestion greenback. Looking forward to getting it over to the unit where I can give it a proper blast!
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks perfect with the Les Paul!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Perfect combination.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Very nice! 

Thats a nice looking LP too!
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Rather nice combination there.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    ellwood said:

18w, two channel with tremelo (still need to work out what that does!)
    It makes the volume go up and down :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Congrats, lovely amps :)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3220
    edited December 2017
    Can’t beat an 18watter mate, great amps.

Eli Abbott of Abbott music in Wellingborough is a reliable amp tech -he built my 18watter and services/fixes all the gear in our band. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    another visually excellent Les Paul, you have a good eye for them, for me to like a Les Paul these days is a rarer thing, however you seem to keep finding visually great looking gems.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    darcym said:
    another visually excellent Les Paul, you have a good eye for them, for me to like a Les Paul these days is a rarer thing, however you seem to keep finding visually great looking gems.
    Cheers!

This one really has hit the spot on a number of levels. The plaintop is fantastic. It has a superb feel to the neck. The addition of the SD at the neck has given it even more bite....and I love the fact that it has been modded a bit. 

As a serial purchaser i have never had a number 1, but I think this is getting closer to understanding the concept...