Heading to Oz!

smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
Im flying out to Oz early tomorrow morning for a well deserved 4 week holiday with my girlfriend, to visit friends and family scattered all over the continent. Cannot wait!

While im there, im planning on taking a leaf out of @stickyfiddle ‘s book, and visiting some of the guitar storesout there in search of some authentic Ozzie effects!

Does anyone have any recommendations?

This pedal looks to be pretty cool and flexible with the MIDI switching:

http://www.selaheffects.com/product/scarlett-love-od-v3/

There are some cool vids on YouTube too. Just arranging the purachse of my first MIDI switcher so this might be a good addition to my board.

Anything else I should look out for/have a play around with?

Cheers

Keir

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely, can you join the England cricket team and help them remember how to bat please?

check out the superfunawesomehappytime pedal show on Youtube, it's an Aussie pedal show and thwy feature some local pedals

• Hhhmm, being a Scotsman I’m not sure I’d be of any use to the cricket team, English or not, ha ha!

will check out the pedal show bud, cheers for that!
  • Keir,

Well jel, as the young uns say... have a great time, and hopefully come back with a NPD or two !!

• Excellent plan! 

Im still loving my Anarchy Gold Class and Selah Feather. 

Anarchy has just come out with a ridiculous new doomy fuzz that looks fantastic but not sure how easy it’ll be to get hold of immediately.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I visited this year, I went in two shops (Brisbane area l) and genuinely sputtered v when I asked how much a couple of things were over there. An Aussie made stomp box (you know the wooden things with s pickup that you stamp on to keep a beat) worked out at over £200! Hope you find something there though, hopefully something interesting pops up
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I visited this year, I went in two shops (Brisbane area l) and genuinely sputtered v when I asked how much a couple of things were over there. An Aussie made stomp box (you know the wooden things with s pickup that you stamp on to keep a beat) worked out at over £200! Hope you find something there though, hopefully something interesting pops up
    Pretty much applies to the price of everything over there, cost of living has gone through the roof in the last 10 years, used to be a cheap place prior to that.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    Check out Sliders Pickups
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Enjoy the warmth and sunshine!!