Extreme pedal cable patching

What's Hot
lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
Ever needed just that little bit extra space on a pedalboard?
Are those pesky jacks eating up too much space?
Confident enough with your pedal path that you’ll never need to swap pedals again?
Just solder some cable directly from one output socket to the next input socket. 
Think how snug that pedalboard would be. 
Yes, I know the many reasons why we don’t do this, but theoretically it’s possible, right?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Yeah, ok, it’s totally daft. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Of course, it's possible.

Why bother with jacks- you can solder connecting wires to each pedal's circuit board.

You would be as well to put them all in one enclosure while you're doing it.

• It's not totally daft, but it probably isn't the best option for someone who changes their pedalboard regularly and wants to sell stuff they aren't using. 

On the other hand, if your pedalboard is set, and isn't going to change any time soon- say, for a long tour playing essentially the same setlist each night- it may have advantages if you follow the idea through to its conclusion- everything in one box, hardwired for signal and power, properly shielded, with good, quiet power and built for reliability.

That's basically what at least some of the Pete Cornish pedalboards are.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    My pedals might as well be welded together. I only ever change the first one in the chain. It's been the same for about the last 15 years and that's how I like it.
  • Sassafras said:
    My pedals might as well be welded together. I only ever change the first one in the chain. It's been the same for about the last 15 years and that's how I like it.
    Miku into a mt2?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    You're nearly right:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Sassafras said:
    You're nearly right:

With that board you need to start a band called "The Metal Zone" and only do Kenny Logging covers.. everyone would have cool moustaches and wear hats and always have dark glasses no matter the ambient lighting conditions.

Actually that sounds awesome... I want in! 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28511
    As I recall, Sunscreem did pretty much this - cable direct to the PCBs, off to proper patchbays.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    Sporky said:
    As I recall, Sunscreem did pretty much this - cable direct to the PCBs, off to proper patchbays.
    Sunscreem the hippy dance rockers from the 90s ?