NFXD - Flyrig5

ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
PIcked up a second hand flyrig5 yesterday from one of the Facebook groups. Guy was local and the price was reasonable so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to effects - mainly because I don't know what I'm doing! Have tried a few pedals recently and have heard good things about these little units. Plus, I'm a Tech21 fan - my Trademark 60 is still one of my favourite amps.

Am blown away by it. Such a simple little unit that delivers such a huge sonic playground!

First played with it on the Twin Reverb, and had some great sounds. Then plugged it into this combination:

Can honestly say I have never been so happy with a driven sound. Thick, yet articulate. Delay section is so tweakable, and switching between the Plexi and SansAmp sections takes the Marshall from crunch to roar effortlessly. Definitely recommended.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    It works really well as back up for your live rig direct to PA. I use mine for rehearsals when I can't be arsed to lunk the amp about!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I liked the one I had.    Just needed the boost to be after the drive so it worked for a lead boost - or they could have a pre post switch.     Does sound cool though 
  • impmann said:
    It works really well as back up for your live rig direct to PA. I use mine for rehearsals when I can't be arsed to lunk the amp about!!
    Same as.
    I waxed lyrical about mine when I got it.
    I have only taken my amp to rehearsal once as a result
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    They’re handy little things. I keep one in my gig bag as a back up for the Helix... never had to use it thus far though. My only criticism is it’s a little bit noisy - there’s an ever present hiss.
  • simonk said:
    They’re handy little things. I keep one in my gig bag as a back up for the Helix... never had to use it thus far though. My only criticism is it’s a little bit noisy - there’s an ever present hiss.
    Mines silent when powered from my cioks PSU.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    simonk said:
    Mines silent when powered from my cioks PSU.
    I’ve only tried it with the OEM supply. Having done some reading online it seems like an issue that affects some and not others, and as I only got as an emergency backup it didn’t overly bother me.