Android TV recommendations

TV buying is a massive headache. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent android TV somewhere between 40-50 inches please? I like access to apps, so that's why android...

Many thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BenBen Frets: 114
    How about a proper Android TV box that you can connect to any TV? The last TV I had with Android was slow and buggy as hell.

Ended up going to a bigger non-Android TV, and hooking up a Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV) box to it, and it's excellent! Does HDR 4K Netflix, YouTube, Plex for my network media, and IPTV. Also has apps for Amazon Prime, etc. and a bunch of games and game streaming capabilities.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    @Ben I’m specifically after the Curzon and Mubi apps. I guess my fear of getting another box is that it’s another box to have! :D
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I had a 4k Sony Android tv and it crashed constantly  crashed the more you used the SMART features.

I now have one of the newish Samsung QLED Smart tvs and it's been so much better.

I gave my Sony to my parents and it still crashes occasionally even without using the apps.