Us to uk voltage

Anybody out there can help with this. 

I need to know how to swap this amp to us to uk voltage. I have swapped a few amps over in the past but just can’t find the paper work on this on.

i will pay for advise 

https://flickr.com/photos/53365193@N02/sets/72157666194004409

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    Begin by checking whether the existing mains transformer can even cope with the UK 220-240v AC supply. It may need to be replaced.

i will pay for advise 

Good. Take your amplifier to a qualified electrician with amplifier repair experience.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    It depends on the power transformer as Funkfingers said. If it's got a 240V primary then it can be done, if it doesn't then either the PT will need to be replaced or you will need to use an external stepdown transformer.

It looks very heavily modded/hacked anyway so replacing the PT shouldn't be an issue.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Putting the Mercury Power transformer part number from your photo into google gives this:

http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/images/transformers/schematics/PT/TC-P50JM-475.pdf

So it's just a case of choosing either the 230 or 245V primary winding and using a smaller, probably half the value, mains fuse.

But if you're in the least bit uncomfortable or have doubts  then don't do it yourself.  Any amp repair man should be able to do this in just a few minutes.

• That’s what I have been looking for, just need to swap the point!

thanks!