lovely offset guitar design

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
Mmmnnn .... I love the look of this guitar, a greenburst Revelation.

I want to build a strat from scratch, but I don't really want a strat shaped guitar, I quite fancy an offset shape. I'm thinking I might go for this sort of thing as a basis. I'm not really into maple necks though and I particularly don't like light fret markers on them so that would be different.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You might struggle if you don't like maple necks
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I reckon not to like maple necks, but I’m coming round to them, lately..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16684
    I really like the pearl block on maple look, preferably with white binding.  It ages quite nicely
  • I say go for it. I assembled a Jazzmaster and a Jaguar myself. I enjoyed the journey. I'm sure you will too.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    I do like the look of that, except the strat trem. Oddly, revelation have marketed a tele-type with a jm style trem. If they'd put it on this one I might have saved and bought one.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Having played one I reckon you needn't do a partscaster. They are really good guitars as is.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I don't really like offset guitars but the Telemaster is a great looking thing

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Just to clarify after a couple of comments - not a Partsacaster, building from scratch - blocks of wood etc.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28304
    Erm... So you want to build a green offset?

I'll allow it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    I like that too, I've got a set neck jazzmaster style planned maybe a bigsby and tele bridge subject to lots of changes though so I'd say build whatever you fancy doing, you might start off with one idea and go somewhere else mid build 

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • axisus said:
    Just to clarify after a couple of comments - not a Partsacaster, building from scratch - blocks of wood etc.
    That sounds nice, perhaps with widerange pickups & scaled down body? The revelation has a sensible sized body vs a JM.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    rico said:
    I don't really like offset guitars but the Telemaster is a great looking thing

Nice to look at but rubbish to play. Or at least mine was - just feels like what it is, an overweight tele.
  • DaraitheDaraithe Frets: 1
    edited April 2018
    How about this? Veritas Stugio Mk I
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    axisus said:
    That sounds nice, perhaps with widerange pickups & scaled down body? The revelation has a sensible sized body vs a JM.

That's lovely. How long did it take to find a chair to match? Or did the guitar come second?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to