Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Darkness - Tour de Prance

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746

I went to see the Darkness at the Apollo in Manchester just after Permission to Land had become huge. If memory serves it was meant to be at a different venue but they changed to the Apollo for a greater capacity audience.

It was a brilliant gig. So much energy and fun. Insanely loud guitar amplifiers and Justin being carried on the shoulders of the biggest bouncer I've ever seen through the crowd whilst playing a guitar solo.

The crowd were nuts - just going crazy. It's the only time I've ever felt unsafe at a gig.

Good times - would be great to see them

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22952
    LuttiS said:
    I was post-Pepsi too unfortunately, still always a good time when i see them :) 
    I'm not really a fan, but I did see them once, with Pepsi and when they had those Royal (or were they Royale?) guitars with holes in them.
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    LuttiS said:
    I was post-Pepsi too unfortunately, still always a good time when i see them :) 
    I only found out the other month that Pepsi passed away.  I saw them in the early nineties at the Cresset in Peterborough and they were amazing live.  Their image hasn't held up well though :)
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1210
    edited December 2017
    I saw The Darkness last week in Southend and they were great. It was the third time I've seen them and they always look like they are giving it all they've got. Fantastic show, great sound, great musicians, tongues firmly in cheeks. Love them. 
    Link to my trading feedback
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11599
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    I was an early Tigertailz fan and for me it was the first EP and all the early touring with Steevi Jaime that was the identity of the band for me. It was a trashy glam band with Dave Lee Roth on speed. I continued to love them with Kim Hooker but it wasn’t really the same thing. The Young and Crazy album was a letdown sonically compared to the EP although the songs were great.
    Fun times at the Marquee club and other London venues circa 1986/7

Tigertailz in that era are what Steel Panther try to be in some ways, except Tigertailz weren’t doing it ironically 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• BodBod Frets: 1315
    The Young and Crazy album was a letdown sonically 
    It was shockingly bad - I thought for a long time that my vinyl was dodgy.
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    Bod said:
    The Young and Crazy album was a letdown sonically 
    It was shockingly bad - I thought for a long time that my vinyl was dodgy.
    Steevi put out an album of demos from that era later that sounded better than the album.

This is from the EP supposedly 

https://youtu.be/vLBBnbzv-M4

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    One of Justin's Alpine Sluts (white Lp Custom) when it came for a pre-tour visit

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    One of Justin's Alpine Sluts (white Lp Custom) when it came for a pre-tour visit

That's lovely. I do like me a white Custom. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to