Crypto Currency

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• goatgoat Frets: 98
    edited December 2017
    Fees are definitely a huge issue at the moment dtr, already any wallet containing less than $25 or so is basically orphaned. I sent a transaction last week with $7 fees that got stuck in limbo and I had to chase it up with a CPFP, ended up costing over $50 in total! Hopefully segwit adoption and eventually the lightning network can take the pressure off.

Meanwhile, bitcoin is back on a charge, setting new ATHs this morning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Fake news: the guy founded Bitcoin.com not Bitcoin.  Also he has sold his BTC to go and back Bitcoin Cash which is arguably a scam coin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826

This chart has its stages mixed up in the case of Bitcoin: the tech geeks and internet savvy man on the street has gotten in before institutional investors who are just starting to get in now.  Nation states likely to follow next year.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Still think it's a bad time to invest in btc.

Litecoin will rise
    Xrp is a gamble

Tempted by both 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I went with Elixir, it's gone up over 30% this week. 
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    edited December 2017
    All altcoins are pumping this week, you can just pick at random and it will pump if it isn’t a known disaster like Tezos.

Of course if BTC goes on another parabolic rise then the alts will dive.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    mixolyd said:
    All altcoins are pumping this week, you can just pick at random and it will pump if it isn’t a known disaster like Tezos.

Of course if BTC goes on another parabolic rise then the alts will dive.
    Or, if BTC goes the other way... people will most likely exchange it to others causing the rise.

Tis a gamble, but I'm favouring a xrp rise
    Elixir just hit $.090 I bought them at $0.22 so from my 2nd hand Yamaha acoustic budget investment I'm now entering the world of new solid woods. 

More to come apparently...
    edited December 2017
    I just want interest rates at 6%+ again like they always fucking used too....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Got a small portfolio of about 7-8 alt coins which are all making me a profit at the moment so can't complain.
    Got an even smaller amount of Bitcoin and Litecoin as I feel like I've missed the boat with those, but want to keep some incase theres another crazy boom, would kick myself if I didn't keep some tucked away in my portfolio.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
    i know virtually nothing about crypto-currency in the real world, my only source of info so far has been the show Startup on Amazon where it is used to anonymously buy/sell items on the dark web....which i'm sure is total bollocks.

All this stuff plus AI moving so fast is making me go a bit cabin in the woods if i'm honest (don't worry I'm not the bomb posting type)

The other tip I got is for COLX which has shown reasonable gains but projected by my tipster to get to $0.20.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/colossuscoinxt/

So, how are all you cocky investors feeling now??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Started shopping for a new acoustic.  :)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The dip tracked the same as the last four years almost exactly, although it was a hefty correction. With today's positive news coming out of the US on Crypto it would appear to be a very good time to buy. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3623
    57Deluxe said:
    So, how are all you cocky investors feeling now??
    People who piled in around Christmas time are nursing huge losses..

As of Tuesday:

• The price of Ethereum, which at its height on 9 January was $1,255.89, fell as low as $574.42
    • Bitcoin Cash, which hit a peak $4,091.70 on 20 December 2017, slipped to $766.03
    • Litecoin, which reached $366.01 on 19 December 2017, dropped to $106.94

The assets later staged a partial recovery, with Bitcoin rising to about $7,418 before falling back again although was $19,000 at its peak.

Early adopters are probably still in profit. These gigantic falls could mean a great buying opportunity or maybe further large losses. 

I guess the people who bought in the Christmas rush will have to hang on and grit their teeth. Hopefully there won't be too many who have gambled with money they can't afford to lose thinking it was only going to be a rising market.

It's all down to investor sentiment at the end of the day as with crypto there really isn't anything there, no dividends, no physical assets etc.

I find the whole phenomenon fascinating and look on with great interest. 

• danodano Frets: 1593
    edited January 2021
    Time for a bump

Crypto on a bit of a role at the moment, Bitcoin has gone mental the last couple pf weeks, now at  $32,697 !  it's now twice what it was at the crash 3 years ago, $14k.

Some others which I've got in my Coinbase account and added over the last couple of years, it certainly will be an interesting few weeks coming up.

Bitcoin Cash = $396.18
    Litecoin = $150.47
    Ethereum = $915.24

• KDSKDS Frets: 221
    edited January 2021
    Kilgore said:
    That guy in Newport wants to pay the council £7.4M so he can have a dig around for his hard disk, he has investors lined up apparently. Worth £4M in 2013, 4 years later it's worth £74M. The council are having none of it.
    He should let it go and move on. He's just torturing himself.
    You'd think living in Newport was enough punishment already.  
    Goldie Lookin Chain seem to like it