Anyone tried the new Gamechanger Audio Plus sustain pedal?

What's Hot
frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
edited December 2017 in FX
Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Gamechanger: Plus sustain pedal? What are your thoughts on it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    No, I’m waiting for the Hype Electronics Paradigm Shifter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bean7bean7 Frets: 44
    yes - stupid name but great pedal. I didn't think the 'wet' switch was worth getting but then realised how nice that mode is for synthy / ambient soundtrack textures - so just made my own switch recently. 
    Incase interesting or useful - here's my DIY wet switch:

I don't know exactly what I'm doing - just figured it out via trial & error - but, I think .. it's basically its breaking a connection between sleeve and ring of the TRS socket. The LED lights up when the switch is set to mute the dry output. You could add a dry out socket as well if you wanted, like the one they sell - but I didn't have much use for that.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't, but I have literally reserved a spot for it on my board.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • bean7 said:
    yes - stupid name but great pedal. I didn't think the 'wet' switch was worth getting but then realised how nice that mode is for synthy / ambient soundtrack textures - so just made my own switch recently. 
    Where did you get yours from? Been waiting to get one but the delivery date for dealers just keeps getting pushed back.   
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
    I got mine on reverb
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited December 2017
    bean7 said:
    Where did you get yours from? Been waiting to get one but the delivery date for dealers just keeps getting pushed back.   

Thanks for sharing Bean7!

The best you can do is preorder with Andertons, which I’ve just done now. New stock is in 31st Jan....you could order direct but it’s not worth it due to customs fees and there will be a siginificant delay anyway due to xmas post. If you do manage to find a site which has it in stock, please let me know!

sure! .. yeah I just looked on the manufacturer's site and they're saying orders will ship in 4 weeks so likely not much faster than Andertons, assuming they really will have stock when they say they will.
    I saw they list on Reverb - https://reverb.com/item/7382179-gamechanger-audio-plus-pedal - says they're in Latvia, maybe worth messaging them about availability to ship to UK?
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, but they say their Reverb store is open for U.S customers only. Boo..
    argh, sorry .. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    I got one.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/114655/plus-pedal-mine-arrived-anyone-else-try-one#latest

I like it - had the freeze before and modded it to work with a sustain pedal - bit like this.

The Plus Pedal is a bit more natural sounding, but it it's still got a hit of 'synthesised' to it. What is great about it is being able to split the signal, I use it with my Helix and I can send the clan guitar sound to one 'amp' and the Plus to another. And just add effects to the sustain. You can't do that with the Freeze... thing you can with the EHX ego or ego+ ???

It's a much nicer experience that the freeze, I undid the pedal mod as it was a bit of a faff, but I did change out the switch to a soft switch.

Does take a bit of getting used to, to catch the note you want to sustain and get it smooth - if you're to quick it can stutter, like a micro loop, be almost choppy - the freeze was better at 'catching' the note but I don't think it sounded as good.

If you want to try one I'd say the freeze is a cheaper way to give it a go.

@bean7 thanks for the pics of the dry switch - need to have a go at that, what's the resistor for?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @bean7 thanks for the pics of the dry switch - need to have a go at that, what's the resistor for?

Its just current limiting for the LED (its 1k I think). 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @bean7 cheers. 
  • There's one on eBay now.
  • Thanks for the heads up, just snapped it up 
  • frank1985 said:
    bean7 said:

Thanks for sharing Bean7!

The best you can do is preorder with Andertons, which I’ve just done now. New stock is in 31st Jan....you could order direct but it’s not worth it due to customs fees and there will be a siginificant delay anyway due to xmas post. If you do manage to find a site which has it in stock, please let me know!

Yeah don't trust anyones dates for pre-orders in this industry. I worked for Andertons for 6 years, Some companies give realistic estimates but often they are just complete wild guesses from the suppliers. There's no way Gamechanger are going to ring up all their dealers and be like 'errr well we're still figuring out how to make them at scale so we have no idea how long it'll take'. They'll just keep saying 'next month'.

Andertons have pushed the arrival date back several times already.  So was just wondering where this one came from.

Shame to hear the Reverb store is US only, that wasn't what I thought it was supposed to be but I'll chase up with their account manager. 
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
  • I pre-ordered a Specular Tempus delay from Andertons which was meant to come in October. Still waiting. 
  • I pre-ordered a Specular Tempus delay from Andertons which was meant to come in October. Still waiting. 
    It certainly isn't Anderton's fault. Someone gets the job each week of calling round suppliers to chase due dates on everything - suppliers say 'oh it'll be in 4 weeks' then the next week they say the same, then the next week they say the same...

So yeah all retailers are a bit beholden by what the suppliers tell them. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a Plus Pedal with wet switch for sale secondhand at richtone music... I could have saved over £100