Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    EricTheWeary;840199" said:
    @simonk how is the 2B ? :(|)
    I really like it. It pushed the Princeton very nicely indeed allowing me to run it a little quieter last night. And it was epic pushing the Gunshot, really brought the best out of it. Buffered bypass and tidy form factor - I can find little to dislike.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonk said:
    EricTheWeary;840199" said:
    @simonk how is the 2B ? :(|)
    I really like it. It pushed the Princeton very nicely indeed allowing me to run it a little quieter last night. And it was epic pushing the Gunshot, really brought the best out of it. Buffered bypass and tidy form factor - I can find little to dislike.

I seem to have ended up without a clean boost and they can be a bit harsh, the 2B can wind the harshness out in theory.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    EricTheWeary;840217" said:
    simonk said:

EricTheWeary;840199" said:@simonk how is the 2B ? :(|)

I seem to have ended up without a clean boost and they can be a bit harsh, the 2B can wind the harshness out in theory.
    I'd go with that; it's more EP3 than SHO I think.

• Ahh. Don't know why I got rid of my EP3 :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4539
    Latest incarnation, the only thing that needs changing (one day) is the phaser (bottom row, dinosaur stickers) as the volume spike is quite large when engaged.  The Obscura, Funeral Party and MS100BT are in a loop (bottom row far right)

• joeyowen said:
    that dick is good. I did like that a lot when I had it. 
    you sure bro?
    sorry, I forgot to mention I was quoting your mother
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    Latest incarnation, the only thing that needs changing (one day) is the phaser (bottom row, dinosaur stickers) as the volume spike is quite large when engaged.  The Obscura, Funeral Party and MS100BT are in a loop (bottom row far right)

Needs a Freeze.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited November 2015
    Mandatory update pic :)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2015
    Just got this (nearly) done in the last couple of days - I feel like it's the first "proper" pedalboard I've done. I've reached a stage where (for the moment) I don't feel the need to add anything, and it seems (I hesitate to use the word) "complete".

The chain is:
    1. Expresso buffer (top right)
    2. Cleggy built compressor i.e. a Ross derivative (I like it for adding a bit more hold to sustained chords, but if honest I think I'd prefer a more "transparent" type, so maybe that's one thing I'll change in the near future)
    3. Zed drive (a Big Knob Zendrive clone)
    4. Eno Trouble drive (OCD clone)
    5. Donner Morpher distortion (basically a Suhr Riot clone I think)
    6. Boss FV500H volume pedal
    7. Zoom G3 - mostly handling modulation and delays now - it is nice to be able to have 3 effects in whichever patch with their own switch. I have an FP02M expression pedal on the board at the right, but I've not got that one wired in yet - things to explore there really.
    8. Zoom MS70CDR - only just got this, but really chuffed with it, seems like a great pedal for a range of reverbs, and ambient stuff in general. Also takes some of the pressure off the G3.
    9. Digitech looper.

There is a Decibal 11 Hot Stone Deluxe power supply under the board, so far that's working fine, although a couple of the supplied power leads seem to be duff - a little annoying but there are more than enough included for my needs anyhow. Really pleased with the 3 drive units, they all seem to be choices that have worked out well - I guess in all cases I've been after some variation on the "smooth singing sustain" kind of tone, and they all seem to do that in various ways.

EDIT - actually there was nothing wrong with any of the leads supplied with the Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe, I was talking crap there (see post below) - it's a great unit, and I would thoroughly recommend it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Crappy pic, but a couple of additions for my home tweaking and fun board!

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Megii said:
    Just got this (nearly) done in the last couple of days - I feel like it's the first "proper" pedalboard I've done. I've reached a stage where (for the moment) I don't feel the need to add anything, and it seems (I hesitate to use the word) "complete".

The chain is:
    1. Expresso buffer (top right)
    2. Cleggy built compressor i.e. a Ross derivative (I like it for adding a bit more hold to sustained chords, but if honest I think I'd prefer a more "transparent" type, so maybe that's one thing I'll change in the near future)
    3. Zed drive (a Big Knob Zendrive clone)
    4. Eno Trouble drive (OCD clone)
    5. Donner Morpher distortion (basically a Suhr Riot clone I think)
    6. Boss FV500H volume pedal
    7. Zoom G3 - mostly handling modulation and delays now - it is nice to be able to have 3 effects in whichever patch with their own switch. I have an FP02M expression pedal on the board at the right, but I've not got that one wired in yet - things to explore there really.
    8. Zoom MS70CDR - only just got this, but really chuffed with it, seems like a great pedal for a range of reverbs, and ambient stuff in general. Also takes some of the pressure off the G3.
    9. Digitech looper.

There is a Decibal 11 Hot Stone Deluxe power supply under the board, so far that's working fine, although a couple of the supplied power leads seem to be duff - a little annoying but there are more than enough included for my needs anyhow. Really pleased with the 3 drive units, they all seem to be choices that have worked out well - I guess in all cases I've been after some variation on the "smooth singing sustain" kind of tone, and they all seem to do that in various ways.
    I see your looping board has finally come together. That looks like a very usable setup. From squinting at the pic, it looks like the MS70CDR is stereo in? With a couple more patch leads you'd be set up for either mono or stereo operation.

If/when it comes time to upgrade the compressor, I'd thoroughly recommend the Rothwell Love Squeeze - perfect for that 'studio polish' style compression and very quiet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I see your looping board has finally come together. That looks like a very usable setup. From squinting at the pic, it looks like the MS70CDR is stereo in? With a couple more patch leads you'd be set up for either mono or stereo operation.

If/when it comes time to upgrade the compressor, I'd thoroughly recommend the Rothwell Love Squeeze - perfect for that 'studio polish' style compression and very quiet.
    Cheers @steamabacus. Yep, the MS70CDR is indeed stereo in, so I could run twin cables from the G3 and into the looper, and out to two amps - will probably try that before long. Mono for the moment though, and for live use that's a lot easier. Appreciate the recommendation re the Rothwell Love Squeeze - from what I read, it's about the most transparent kind of compressor pedal available and would fit the bill I'm sure. I have to confess I've also noticed the new TC Hypergravity compressor, which looks good, but probably that one's a bit untested as of yet, so we only have the usual hype that comes out with a new pedal to go by.
    I should add an apology to Decibal 11, as none of the supplied power leads with the Hot Stone Deluxe power supply were duff, as I said in my earlier post. What it was, was that there are a couple of leads included which swap the signal from centre negative to centre positive (they have a blue plug end to identify them). I used one of these by mistake - lucky I didn't damage or ruin any pedals really, but I seem to have got away with it.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited November 2015
    Megii said:

Cheers @steamabacus. Yep, the MS70CDR is indeed stereo in, so I could run twin cables from the G3 and into the looper, and out to two amps - will probably try that before long. Mono for the moment though, and for live use that's a lot easier. Appreciate the recommendation re the Rothwell Love Squeeze - from what I read, it's about the most transparent kind of compressor pedal available and would fit the bill I'm sure. I have to confess I've also noticed the new TC Hypergravity compressor, which looks good, but probably that one's a bit untested as of yet, so we only have the usual hype that comes out with a new pedal to go by.
    I'm a bit sceptical when it comes down to a digital compressor compared to a good analogue one. And Rothwell also make (indeed, started out in) high end hifi preamps - that's a pretty good pedigree in my eyes (and ears if the Love Squeeze is anything to go by). I am a big fan of the TC pedals though.
    Megii said:

I'm a bit sceptical when it comes down to a digital compressor compared to a good analogue one. And Rothwell also make (indeed, started out in) high end hifi preamps - that's a pretty good pedigree in my eyes (and ears if the Love Squeeze is anything to go by). I am a big fan of the TC pedals though.
    That is a bloody good point @steamabacus - embarrassingly I hadn't registered the fact that the TC pedal is actually digital. Instinctively I do also like the idea of the compressor being analogue, as indeed are the 3 drive pedals that follow it on my board - the idea was to have an analogue section for compression and drives, and then go digital with the Zoom units for mods/delay/reverb. So a digital compressor would kind of spoil that system.
  • cbellanga said:
    Mandatory update pic :)
    Such a simple great rig. Nice.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @megii the love squeeze is a glorious compressor. I've tried a number of others, including the xotic SP comp, DOD, dynacomp, guyatone and trust me, the Rothwell is on another level.

I have not tried them but I imagine the diamond and cali76 would match up, but they are alot dearer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Branshen said:
    @megii the love squeeze is a glorious compressor. I've tried a number of others, including the xotic SP comp, DOD, dynacomp, guyatone and trust me, the Rothwell is on another level.

I have not tried them but I imagine the diamond and cali76 would match up, but they are alot dearer.
    Noted @Branshen - the Rothwell is top end of what I can justify price wise to be honest, so I don't think the diamond or cali76, lovely as they undoubtedly are, will enter the picture.